Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T Spirit 2.0 - Petrol Consumption

dats

Hi,

My Avensis T Spirit 2.0 Semi Automatic is delivering 28 mpg of petrol, feels s bit low, my driving conditions are normal and the car has only done 15k miles. Although it was a used car purchase last year from a Toyota dealer, the car is in great condition.

Please could Similar car users comment if you think this is normal ??

Cheers.

That would seem OK to me for mixed urban driving :huh:

Sounds about right as mine was never great on fuel and have you checked the new VED rates for the 2.0 litre ? its a dirty engine and looks like its going to be £425.00

Sounds about right as mine was never great on fuel and have you checked the new VED rates for the 2.0 litre ? its a dirty engine and looks like its going to be £425.00

I'm sorry but I fell of my chair laughing :lol:

The 2009 Avensis 2000cc is a clean engine and produces 165g/Km of CO2. This places it in Band G of the VED rates and therefore £155 per year :yes:

I dont know who in their right mind would buy a new Toyota Avensis and the 2005 is a dirty engine ! check it out mate ! 225 gpk

I dont know who in their right mind would buy a new Toyota Avensis and the 2005 is a dirty engine ! check it out mate ! 225 gpk

Meooooow.... I did not make reference to the 2005 car.... see above :rolleyes:

I can only suggest you check the new Avensis out as it shares a huge number of parts with the Lexus :yes:

Thanks guys... fuel consumption on the one hand and rocketing petrol prices on the other... quite a double act !!

Thanks guys... fuel consumption on the one hand and rocketing petrol prices on the other... quite a double act !!

I get around 28mpg average, my wife gets 32mpg average on normal driving.

I get around 30mpg average, my wife gets 34mpg average on a motorway run.

Go figure.

Just checked the consumption on my Lexus IS 250 Auto and the last tankful returned 37.4 MPG and im no slouch in this car ! yahoo.gif

Computer on my automatic shows 29.4. Thats all town driving and ultra light foot. Seems fair enough to me.

Computer on my automatic shows 29.4. Thats all town driving and ultra light foot. Seems fair enough to me.

Seems quite fair to me too :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links