Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lm Power Panel Filter

Corrolla18

Howdy, What opinion do you guys have on the Blitz LM panel filter? I am thinking of getting one for my compressor. Thanks in advance.

removing as much of the standard intake is the way forward, so IMHO spending moneH on a replacement element would be like throwing money off the london tower bridge. :)

i fitted one when i had my t sport... but like ricc said, i binned all the piping up to the airbox and replaced it with a cold air feed. nice cheap airfilter if you dont want to fork out for an induction kit.

Cheers for that guys.

its cost effective thats it does nnothin to improve thee performance or the sound. i regret buying it.

I had a little improvement of sound with my K&N panel filter but performance gains... er no.

yeh like ricc said, the original airbox is soo restrictive it's untrue. Even an open cone filter is an improvement.

yeh like ricc said, the original airbox is soo restrictive it's untrue. Even an open cone filter is an improvement.

blitz sus all the way my next mod when the wheels have been refurbed.tte wheels have a poor finish and can't stand it no more. :lol:

removing as much of the standard intake is the way forward, so IMHO spending moneH on a replacement element would be like throwing money off the london tower bridge. :)

I just stripped out the standard intake in my car today, and the throttle reponse is slightly quicker, sounds abit more btter afta 2000rpm, i have to say if even thou it was tricky to take out, it does help.

Yeah, cheers for that I looked at going down the SUS route but from previous projects I have found that fitting intake without any other mods and no re map has caused fuelling issues(black plugs - overfuelling) maybe this was a problem with vtec motors - has anyone found this issue with the 2zz.

i have a blitz LM panel, it makes a slight more sound than oe type filter. ditched mine now for a Fujita SRI intake.

if anyone wants my Blitz LM (in good nick!) they can pick it up from me for a tenner,

Will jayt13 please post some pictures of the Stripped out intake? just wondering how much you removed

Also will ballist1x please post picture and thoughts on the Fujita SRI intake

cheers

luke

Yeah, cheers for that I looked at going down the SUS route but from previous projects I have found that fitting intake without any other mods and no re map has caused fuelling issues(black plugs - overfuelling) maybe this was a problem with vtec motors - has anyone found this issue with the 2zz.

I don't think anyone has ever reported fuelling issues after adding an intake

Nice sound, few more ponies, slight mpg increase - win! thumbsup.gif

Will jayt13 please post some pictures of the Stripped out intake? just wondering how much you removed

Also will ballist1x please post picture and thoughts on the Fujita SRI intake

cheers

luke

I stripped out the whole thing, the pipe that goes from the Air box till it ends the pipe is bendy as it part facing down to the ground n hlf elbow joint facing the front top part of the grill and tricky to take out but it helps if u take the airbox and the Battery out. you will need to long adjustable socket holder to take off the bolts as they are very tight.

its worth doing if u dont want to fork out an induction kit, after 2000rpm it sounds like u have 1 but it aint as loud, and i only have 1.4 nd i have to say it has quickened up abit.

I have some picz up shortly, if u still want to see it.

Jay

Cheers ballist1x, I must of missed that thread, looks good tho

Best of both the K&N and the Apexi. Although the cone isn't as big as the K&N - nice job tho

jayt13 - think i'll remove the stock snorkel this week, was just wondering if you had modified the stock air box at all?

cheers anyway lads

Cheers ballist1x, I must of missed that thread, looks good tho

Best of both the K&N and the Apexi. Although the cone isn't as big as the K&N - nice job tho

jayt13 - think i'll remove the stock snorkel this week, was just wondering if you had modified the stock air box at all?

cheers anyway lads

yes i have drilled about 6 holes at the bottom of the airbox, and the filter is a Blitz Lm power panel filter thats it.

On the same subject is a panel filter for a T sport interchangable with a tte compressor. In other words if a panel filter is listed for the 2zz ge then is this ok to use in the tte compressor. When I have been looking on fensport they only list the T sport but the engine code is the same would a panel filter from this listing cause any problems or be unsuitable. Thanks.

Exactly the same thumbsup.gif