Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Changer

gavinalan

Hi, just bought a Sept 09 Avensis T2 with 2.0 D4D engine. Is it possible to fit a CD changer, either Toyota own brand or aftermarket? It has a dash mount single CD player and a USB input. I dont fancy using an i-pod (if I had one) as the manual says the steering wheel controls only affect volume for an MP3 player. Does this mean fiddling with the i-pod while driving to change track etc? I hope not - good recipe for driving into a wall! Thanks for any help, Gavinalan

Hi, just bought a Sept 09 Avensis T2 with 2.0 D4D engine. Is it possible to fit a CD changer, either Toyota own brand or aftermarket? It has a dash mount single CD player and a USB input. I dont fancy using an i-pod (if I had one) as the manual says the steering wheel controls only affect volume for an MP3 player. Does this mean fiddling with the i-pod while driving to change track etc? I hope not - good recipe for driving into a wall! Thanks for any help, Gavinalan

Can't you just put all your music onto a usb memory stick in MP3 format and play them that way or onto a CDR in MP3 format. It is very easy and legal for you to convert your own CD's to MP3 in windows media player. An average music album will only be about 65mb when comressed to MP3 so thats 10 albums to a 650mb CDR or 60 albums on a 4gig usb memory stick.

Just an idea that won't cost you very much, best regards Pete. ;)

Thanks, Pete that sounds like a good (and cheap) answer. Do you know if the up and down arrows on the steering wheel would work to change tracks with a memory stick? I'm still back in CD technology, so don't know, but I am thinking it's time to get into computer music (need to get a sound card...)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links