Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lambdert Sensor And Rev Counter

boxer33

Hi,

Had engine managment light appear on my 52 plate mrs roadster (jap inport). Had a ecu check and the fault came up as right hand side rear lambdert sensor.Bought and replaced the sensor and the light went off.light re appeard after driving 200 miles!!!Any one had the same problem or no how to solve it?Really annoying.Thanks

On another subject the car isn't running very well at the mo.I seem to find its smoth until i hit 5000rpm then thers like a sto in the engine and wont go higher.Any idea why this is?Thought it might have been the sensor but after replacing it same thing happens.I also cleaned air fillter,toped up oil and water but still no joy.Any help will be greatfully appreaciated thanks :) Owen

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

First of all I am surprised you have found somewhere that has a diagnostic reader that works on Jap imports as these are near on impossible to find.

Secondly, it is possible that the other sensor has failed, when it went on mine the engine ran like a bag of spanners and all but destroyed my main cat.

It is also possible you might have a problem with "oval bore syndrome" which leads to pre-cat & engine failure.

How is your oil consumption?

Diagnosis on a forum is never easy but we try to help as best we can.

Check out the information on THIS page and see if any of it can help ;)

Les

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

First of all I am surprised you have found somewhere that has a diagnostic reader that works on Jap imports as these are near on impossible to find.

Secondly, it is possible that the other sensor has failed, when it went on mine the engine ran like a bag of spanners and all but destroyed my main cat.

It is also possible you might have a problem with "oval bore syndrome" which leads to pre-cat & engine failure.

How is your oil consumption?

Diagnosis on a forum is never easy but we try to help as best we can.

Check out the information on THIS page and see if any of it can help ;)

Les

Hi Les,Thanks for the reply. If i change the other sensor on the left do you think this could help?Could you show me best place to order one from please?(are they both the same?) When i replaced the one sensor i checked them both and they where a white charcoal colour is this normal?

Little worried about engine fail is that due to the rev counter?Not sure about oil consumption as only bought the car 3 weeks ago. Appreciate your time :)

Hi Owen

I am not saying it is definitely the other sensor, just explaining my own problems of the past, as I said, forum diagnosis is purely guess work and should anyone lay out money for well meaning advice that doesn't work it can cause all sorts of problems. ;)

Yes the two top sensors are the same and the information you need is on the page I gave a link to under "Oxygen sensor replacement"

You say you have only had the car for three weeks?

Did it come with a warranty and was the recent diagnosis stating it to be the sensor done by the same supplier?

Hi Owen

I am not saying it is definitely the other sensor, just explaining my own problems of the past, as I said, forum diagnosis is purely guess work and should anyone lay out money for well meaning advice that doesn't work it can cause all sorts of problems. ;)

Yes the two top sensors are the same and the information you need is on the page I gave a link to under "Oxygen sensor replacement"

You say you have only had the car for three weeks?

Did it come with a warranty and was the recent diagnosis stating it to be the sensor done by the same supplier?

Yes understand that Les :)...... No i bought the car privately and the gye told me he had the check done and even bought me the sensor.....Jus had a look at your threads excellent if i may say.(Whish i looked before replacing the sensor and having to cut the heat shield off as didnt realise special tool was required lol :s...oh well eBay for new heat shield ;)...)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links