Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is Anyone Else A Bit Bored With Formula 1?

RS4

I am a fan of motorsport in general and am starting to get a bit bored with F1. The new season has been a bit disappointing for me so far.

However, I went to the first tarmac race of the F1 stock car season at Skegness last night and was thoroughly entertained by the racing. The F1 stock cars even sound nice when they are racing, as they mainly have Chevy small and big block crossplane V8's. They spend all the race either flat out coming out of a corner onto the straights or on the over run going into the next turn, and the sound is amazing. The racing is packed with overtaking as the best drivers start from the back of the grid. The F2's racing last night were also brilliant, even though they only have 2 litre Ford Pinto engines, compared with the 434 cubic inch SBC (7 litre) and 496 cubic inch BBC (8 litre) V8 F1's. The driver I follow in the F1's won the final, after starting from the back of the pack, in a great race full of overtaking. You can also go into the pits to look around the cars and talk to the drivers about their cars. This is motrosport heaven for me!

Is Anyone Else A Bit Bored With Formula 1?

Yes.

So try Moto GP.

Its where real men ride.

Have to agree with Rayburn on this!

MotoGp, WSB, BSB, TT, motorcycle racing is the best thing to watch! I never miss any of them.

I do quite like British Touring cars though and i used to love watching rallying before loads of teams dropped out.

Bike racing all the way for me! Formula 1 sends me to sleep! :lol:

Yeh, Boring.

I don't watch them anymore. :bored:

The results are almost known even before the races start, except when someone blows an engine or crashes into a tyre wall and disappears from the ranking.

The cars all accelerate so fast these days, that the straights on most tracks are too short to overtake.

The result is one big (but very fast) traffic jam, and we all know what that is like from daily experience.

F1 races could become more interesting again when the "Le Mans start" is re-introduced in random order. :)

Not based on training results.

F1 is a procession. Given up.

I suspect I am not alone.

Many of the circuits are designed - or so it seems - to prevent overtaking.

POC.

... designed - or so it seems - to prevent overtaking.

They are, and for a good reason the straights are also kept short.

The top speed of these cars is so high, that the slightest "bump" would cause them to become airborne and cause a desaster.

No longer interested.

A great way to liven up F1 would be to get more points for powersliding and drifting! :lol:

I WOULD watch it all the time then! :thumbsup:

A great way to liven up F1 would be to get more points for powersliding and drifting! :lol:

I WOULD watch it all the time then! :thumbsup:

Schumacher driving in the wet. Wow! Pure skill.

So Raeman

What Bikes you got.

my garage.

2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200s.

New Aprilia Tuono r 1000cc V twin. in Black. wow

R

This is what I do to enjoy F1. Get yourself a hard disk recorder and watch it on a 1-2 hour delay.

Then watch the build up. The start. Then fast forward to any insidents and if there are non just watch the last 5 laps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links