Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibration Noises...........

vivid_prince

hi everyone

just picked up my new 3dr aygo blue on tuesday (just made the scrappage scheme)

so far I think its a cool lil call. But I have to admit the fiat 500 was my first choice, it deffo feels more sturdy then the aygo.

anyways I've noticed some on/off vibration sound from the passenger door side.

has anyone else experinced such noises?

if it still carries on next week will take it to the dealer.

I wish my car was perfect lol.

other things Ive noticed my car has no blue inserts on the dash (around the speedo/vents) which I was expecting on the blue model. strange.

also the fuel cap is easy to remove just requires one anticlockwise key turn...thought it needed a couple of key turns? maybe a new feature on 2010 cars?

well overall the car is pretty cool.....but I still long for a fiat 500!

But it's still a Fiat... sick.gif

As for the finish on the vents , mine has so I would get them to check it when you take it back for the rattle. yes.gif

I once had a squeak / vibration noise from the passenger side and it turned out to be the passenger seat frame :/ 30 minute job to replace though!

The Fuel cap is really easy to remove on all Aygo's as far as I'm aware!

Enjoy your new car... you won't miss the 500 once u are driving past them all broken down on the side of the road! :thumbsup:

I had the same issues.

It turned out to be a bolt that holds one of the window tracks in place inside the door.

Started as a rattle then became a full blown constant squeak as the rubber started to rub.

Had the seal replaced and the bolt tighted and secured with locking agent all under warrenty no questions asked.

Removing the fuel cap is a turn to the left, then back to the right, remove the key and unscrew the cap.

Also says so in the manual by the way... When putting the cap back on turn clockwise until it clicks.

I've found that it then helps to turn the cap back anti-clockwise untill the little arrow is a twelve-o'-clock.

Apparently this keeps the lock internals at a more favourable position for the next time you unlock it.

I never thought I'd say it, but you should of gone with the Fiat :D. The 500 is indeed a sturdy car and doesn't suffer from the same cheap manufacturing the Aygo seems to have.

I never thought I'd say it, but you should of gone with the Fiat :D. The 500 is indeed a sturdy car and doesn't suffer from the same cheap manufacturing the Aygo seems to have.

Unless its the Abarth model then no thanks.

And that's only because the performance slightly out weights the bad looks and feel (I have driven one) of the car.

And that's only because the performance slightly out weights the bad looks and feel (I have driven one) of the car.

My reply was directed at the OP, not yourself.

OP, don't worry. I'm sure you'll start to like the Aygo once you've sorted out the niggles. If the niggles continue you'll always have the dealers to sort you out, thats if it's still in warranty.

hi everyone

just picked up my new 3dr aygo blue on tuesday (just made the scrappage scheme)

so far I think its a cool lil call. But I have to admit the fiat 500 was my first choice, it deffo feels more sturdy then the aygo.

anyways I've noticed some on/off vibration sound from the passenger door side.

has anyone else experinced such noises?

if it still carries on next week will take it to the dealer.

I wish my car was perfect lol.

other things Ive noticed my car has no blue inserts on the dash (around the speedo/vents) which I was expecting on the blue model. strange.

also the fuel cap is easy to remove just requires one anticlockwise key turn...thought it needed a couple of key turns? maybe a new feature on 2010 cars?

well overall the car is pretty cool.....but I still long for a fiat 500!

Hasn't there been some issue with the seat runners for the front passenger's seat, but only when unoccupied. I think the rails just get lubed & screwed down tighter to the floor panel.

Wow some ones touchy about some one else having an opinion on a public forum.

Wow some ones touchy about some one else having an opinion on a public forum.

I'm sorry I couldn't comply with your personal preferences. Should we amend our replies to accomodate yours despite you not creating the topic?

Hi there

Mines been making strange vibrating noises and a small pop noise when i turn Derek (my car) on for the last month or so but i haven't got around to taking it to a garage to be looked at.

I'm sure your car will be fine, like one post says it'll be fine when you work out the niggles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links