Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Vvti 1Az-Fse Engine Problems

JCAHN

I would like some help please. I have an 51 reg avensis estate 2.0L petrol vvti auto. regulary serviced and stamped by toyota dealers. i had the cam chain kit replaced as the chain was very noisy also a full service to go with this. i spent over £500 for parts and labour, having done this i was told the engine was excellent in top condition. 3 days later having took the car on the motorway, happily driving at 70mph in the 3rd lane, the engine suddenly cuts out. Managed to let the car roll to a halt on the hard shoulder of the motorway. called the RAC who had a look and said there seems to be some sort of resistance thats stopping the engine from turning over. Battery was checked, alternator checked, all fine. Got the car towed to the same garage that did the work, got a phone call 5 hours later telling me that the bottom end of the engine had gone. All the lights show up on the dash when ignition is on. when you try starting the car theres a clicking noise, but engine wont turn over.

I need some advice if i should get a second opinion. i know its a common fault with the vvti engines, i thought it was only due to poor maintainence and mainly taxi drivers that were hit with this problem.

Please help me! as i cant afford another engine!

Thanks!

I would like some help please. I have an 51 reg avensis estate 2.0L petrol vvti auto. regulary serviced and stamped by toyota dealers. i had the cam chain kit replaced as the chain was very noisy also a full service to go with this. i spent over £500 for parts and labour, having done this i was told the engine was excellent in top condition. 3 days later having took the car on the motorway, happily driving at 70mph in the 3rd lane, the engine suddenly cuts out. Managed to let the car roll to a halt on the hard shoulder of the motorway. called the RAC who had a look and said there seems to be some sort of resistance thats stopping the engine from turning over. Battery was checked, alternator checked, all fine. Got the car towed to the same garage that did the work, got a phone call 5 hours later telling me that the bottom end of the engine had gone. All the lights show up on the dash when ignition is on. when you try starting the car theres a clicking noise, but engine wont turn over.

I need some advice if i should get a second opinion. i know its a common fault with the vvti engines, i thought it was only due to poor maintainence and mainly taxi drivers that were hit with this problem.

Please help me! as i cant afford another engine!

Thanks!

Can't be sure but it sounds like it's run short of oil and siezed on the crank.

@QS

Sounds right.

if your asking if the garage who fitted the timing kit caused the problem.

You will need a report.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links