Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towbar Wiring

HONDAS

my dealer sold and told me the wiring harness for a 06 rav4 will work on a 2003 rav4 , i have spend all day stripping panels and installing harmess only to find when powered up brake lights not work on rav, and with tail board connected it not work either,the kit has two fused wires connected to Battery i feel one of these wires useless,as the plug doesnt fit the socket connection running from the back light cluster ,which is only a one wire connection anyway, so why to fused wires from Battery, please help

my dealer sold and told me the wiring harness for a 06 rav4 will work on a 2003 rav4 , i have spend all day stripping panels and installing harmess only to find when powered up brake lights not work on rav, and with tail board connected it not work either,the kit has two fused wires connected to battery i feel one of these wires useless,as the plug doesnt fit the socket connection running from the back light cluster ,which is only a one wire connection anyway, so why to fused wires from battery, please help

Hi,

On the 2008 4.3 the "fused" wires from the Battery don't connect directly to the wire coming from the rear of the car. There is a socket on the loom near the NS headlamp that accepts the plug on the end of the fused wire. The wire from the rear of the car connects to a point under the NS dash. It's one of those cases where a few words would be worth a thousand pictures - unfortunately the ( almost ) "wordless" approach of Toyota fitting instructions are a little confusing in this particular case. NOTE! I had to remove the plastic guard above the grill before I found the socket near the NS headlamp. Good luck, but beware the "fuse in the wrong wire" trap referred to in the other post.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links