Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Painted My Engine Cover.

Raeman

Been doing some small jobs on the Yaris, basically cleaning and mauling, new spark plugs and air filter clean.

Then i decided to paint the engine cover....I think it look ok, certainly brightens up the engine bay now!

What do you think? Bad or ok? :lol:

post-52473-127033755739_thumb.jpg

Been doing some small jobs on the Yaris, basically cleaning and mauling, new spark plugs and air filter clean.

Then i decided to paint the engine cover....I think it look ok, certainly brightens up the engine bay now!

What do you think? Bad or ok? :lol:

post-52473-127033755739_thumb.jpg

Looks good!

You know when you have too much time on your hands, when not only the engine and bay are gleamng but also the suspension components too, that's what they tell me anyway!

Thanks Stan! :)

It's far from mint at the mo though, need to de-grease and powerwash the engine bay then sheen the plastics, repaint the callipers & rear drums and get some new shiny chrome wheel bolts! The one's on now have suffered from the winter badly. There really corroded and look messy.

All in all, for a 10yr old car, it's pretty mint and i still enjoy driving it.....Till i get a T-Sport that is. ;)

Guess i'll have to persuade the wife! :lol:

its looks nice lad, dont mean to sound smart but is it done right, it looks blotchy? but i think it might just be the photo, good work, did you see the lad in the rolla section who has done his a couple of times different colours ?

its looks nice lad, dont mean to sound smart but is it done right, it looks blotchy? but i think it might just be the photo, good work, did you see the lad in the rolla section who has done his a couple of times different colours ?

It's just the light mate. It is evenly painted and laquered though. I could do with a new digi camera though, my old cybershot has been a good workhorse but it's showing it's age now! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a Toyota Yaris which is chilli red too. I can't seem to find that paint anywhere though?

I've got a Toyota Yaris which is chilli red too. I can't seem to find that paint anywhere though?

That's because it isn't Chilli red! :lol:

The paint i used was some left over Plasti-Kote super gloss red available from any craft shop!

Holt's dupli-colour laquer did the top coat. :thumbsup:

Then what colour is my paint code and where can I find it?

Have a look in the owners manual, near the front where it gives the model, engine code ect...

Mine is in my manual, Lucerne Silver. Your's should be there aswell. :thumbsup:

Looks awesome mate.

I'd paint that horn red too though, and maybe the reservoir caps in a bronze sort of colour. I love colour coding things in my engine bay hence why I painted the block itself black when I lifted the engine out! :lol:

There isn't anything in my manual about paint colour.

Sorry, my mistake...The info is in the Service & Warranty booklet, first page under Vehicle Identification.

In my booklet it tells of....

Model:

Reg No:

Vin No:

Engine No:

Stock No:

Colour Code: 199 - Lucerne Silver (An example of mine)

Trim Code:

Delivery Date:

I also have the key code written down aswell as the original dealership stamp when it was first registered.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links