Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Points And Insurance Co

CLARKY82

Have a few points on my license and have always informed insurance co,s of this. Out of cureiosity, just how do insurance co,s know of your points and what happens if you do lie about them...

They can check with the dvla, when you quote them ur driver licence number, if youre caught out your insurance is void- no payout if you crash.

If you have already told them about previous convictions and when they were picked up (from your last years policy), and then you say ‘No’ to any motoring offences it will flag up (he had points last year and now he hasn’t?!)

Insurers, the police, the DVLA and other bodies in the car insurance industry are increasingly sharing data in order to clamp down on those committing insurance fraud.

Do you really think you will get away with it??!! :chair::nono:

:) :) :)

If you have already told them about previous convictions and when they were picked up (from your last years policy), and then you say ‘No’ to any motoring offences it will flag up (he had points last year and now he hasn’t?!)

Insurers, the police, the DVLA and other bodies in the car insurance industry are increasingly sharing data in order to clamp down on those committing insurance fraud.

Do you really think you will get away with it??!! :chair::nono:

As sais was out of curiousety,Have always informed of my points. So u never read question right. :)

Also if u do lie and are found out how does this affect future insurance quotes...Also insurance co,s have never askd for my driveing licencse number.....

You could find your policy being cancelled and your current insurers refusing to cover to you in the future... that also counts against you as insurers ask "have you ever been refused cover?"

Always best to declare everything... the risk of not mentioning something isn't worth it!

thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Insurance companies may take your money whether you tell the truth or not, but if you need to claim they will look deeply into all aspect that may help them get out of paying you and 3rd parties out, then you could be liable in court.

I read the question perfectly OK; if you are thinking of lying to your insurance company to acquire a policy by deception with hypothetical questions then I question your motives.

Do it and find out yourself, the concept has never entered my head, but there again I’m a law abiding motorist.

I have 3 points on my licence and forgot to tell my insurance company for about a year, the guy was cool about it. Got them the first week i had the celica haha. Just out of interest when do your points come off is it 3 yrs or 5 yrs?

This post just reminded me i have to ring up my insurance and tell them i got 3 point as of last month. thanks.

Yh the points come off after 3 years

Cheers mate but isnt it something weird like they come off after 3 but kind of stay on for 5 yrs, not sure. Oh well mine come off this year then :)

all the old bill told me was that it would be three years before they came off..psssh

if u want more info try the dvla website or ring them, as there the ones that write the points on your licence

Cheers mate but isnt it something weird like they come off after 3 but kind of stay on for 5 yrs, not sure. Oh well mine come off this year then :)

ive been told they come off after 3 years ,unless in those 3 years you accumulate any more points and then they stay on for 5. i currently have 10pts(tut,tut) but was stopped on my way back from birmingham with the gen 5. the police that stopped me were traffics and they only had a note of 3 out of the 10 :blink: . long story short...... dunno mate!

10 points?! Not a good score as the next minimum amount you can be given is 3.

Oh dear! One more misdemeanour and it’s the bus for you (which might not be a bad thing)...

10 points?! Not a good score as the next minimum amount you can be given is 3.

Oh dear! One more misdemeanour and it’s the bus for you (which might not be a bad thing)...

i know , should get myself a wee yaris. no chance of going 2 fast then........

Yep thats why you don't crash, you can drive fast without driving like an idiot

Yep thats why you don't crash, you can drive fast without driving like an idiot

too right, its the b45t4rd cameras that got me...... empty road late at night.... :ffs: oh and a few for being on the phone- that shouldnt have happened!!! :(

I got 3 points in 2006,

3 years they don't count,

4 year and they can come off your licence,

insurance ask "any motoring convictions in the last 5 years?"

£100 added to my quote.

robbing ****ers