hi guys, need to buy a set of new tires

which are better

1. toyo t1r

2. toyo Proxes 4

3. Pirelli P7000

4. Pirelli Pzero Nero

5. Falken Fk 452

for 215/45/R17

which one give better grips and have less tyre wear (last longer)

1~4 are around 88 pounds each included fitting

5. is 77.5 pounds included fitting

good deal rite??

Cheers :thumbsup:

If you want low tyre wear, michelin - no contest

the toyos will be the most grippy but they won't last long at all. In fact anything that is super grippy isn't going to last.

Out of the 5 you've put up, i would ditch the falkens personally.

nrg

the toyo"s all day long thats what i run on my gen7 if you own a toyota you can spend on tyres (good car good tyres what a package)

Falken 452s I would fit them if they did them in the right size for my car.....apparently excellent grip in all conditions, almost as good as, if not better than Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s. They come highly recommended from those that have used them on the GT4OC. Toyos are terrible...well not terrible but I wouldnt buy them again, I tried a set after everyone raved about them...grip in the dry is OK, but grip in the wet was useless, and they lasted about 4 months..total waste of money...a shocking tyre. Never tried either of the Pirellis. I can highly recommend Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s though...brilliant tyre which handle just about anything you can throw at them, wear rate is OK too

There only one way to find out.....................

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!1

I had Toyo proxes on my last car and as most have stated the grip is awesome the only trouble is they do have a nasty habit of wearing quickly. I have run pirrelli p6000's on my last car as well and these proved to be a good all rounder, reasonable grip in wet and dry, had a good lifespan. I currently run p - zero nero's on my compressor and thus far have found them to be grippy in wet and dry conditions. hope this helps.

I had the Pzero Nero and they have last one season (about 10 000km). I would recommend Khumo Tires!

Falken 452's are probably one of the cheapest on the list there, which makes it a pretty good choice if your after a mid range tyre. Not sure if they come with reinfored sidewalls like the Toyo T1Rs.

Mmm yea I can confirm the Toyos T1Rs grip levels are great, but i've just had my fronts inspected after about 9,000 miles ish (supposed to last 12,000) and they are bald on the inner edge and close on the outer.. gee and it passed its m.o.t with no warnings in november. So i've urgently booked it in and i'm getting some some Avon ZV5s put on and the tracking done (yet again).

The P7000s were about £20 more expensive, i've had P6000s before and they have lasted a long time.

Got Falkens on atm and I wouldn't recommend them...in the dry they're great, but the smallest bit of dampness I'm scared to drive fast, it can actually be dangerous.

Depends on what your using the car for I guess, but nevertheless, with UK weather conditions you want a good tyre dry or wet.

I'll be changing to the Goodyear's in the next few months, can't wait!

Used T1R's on my 18's, and now use them on my 17's. I personally can't fault 'em.

Khumos U50 or whatever they are...

only cost £50 for a 16" oe size fitment. better than the falkens apparently.

• 7 months later...

I had Toyo Proxies T1R fitted to rear 18000 miles ago, they still have 5mm left.

I just had them fitted to front. I'll see how long they last there.

I'm pretty happy with them.

i got 33k miles out of a set of federals, €300 for the set, so what about £260, could not fault the handling, never stepped out of line once, next 2 sets of tyres were kenda and fullway and not for my life do i trust them.

heard kumo is meant to be good and good money

iav toyo t1r's on my starbo, just went on today so hoping their good :thumbsup:

Im running Falken 452's in 205/50/16 fittment

I cannot fault them, Im a fairly hard driver, and they tyre gives me plenty of grip in both dry and wet situations