Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Introducing Me And My Auris

Tomppis

Hello everyone!

So I'm new here and my language skill is ok so try to understand if I'm asking something ! :)

I also added a few pictures they are not so great etc. but i'll promise to send more when I take more. :D So please, give comments and suggestions about is there something missing and it definitely should be on my car. I'd enjoy that.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4530/img9106x.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1230/24820285.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7377/img9124k.jpg

As you can see I already have the TTE or Toyota Motorsport spoiler, lowering springs (-30 mm), tinted rear windows and the mighty muffler tip ! : D

I added some pictures in my gallery so go, check and leave comments. Thanks !

Edited by Tomppis

Nice to see other people from Finland on here :) Welcome to the club Tomppis, nice start!

I got the impression that you're going to move on with the mods... What are your future plans?

Other thing that I'm interested to hear more about is how has your car been working in cold climate of Oulu? Did you notice any interior rattles or some other bugs?

Best regards, Alex

P.S. you could choose "Edit Post" in the bottom right corner of your first post and then press icon which is on the right side of the "insert link" icon. By choosing it you could copy&paste your links there and make your pics show as a preview. It'd be a lot easier for people to view them that way :)

Thanks !

My future plans are new rims for the summer but I really don't know what kind of. :S I think maybe some lip, not chrome. Also I had planned to tint my front windows like you, Alex, and maybe new radio. Nothing is certain at the moment.

Also interested in to buy new silencer because I red your "text" about it and I think that it sounds pretty great. New front bumber or that little longation because it brings more look.

Climate in Oulu is not so different comparing rest of Finland. Of course city is, I think, coldest coast city. But no, I didn't got any problems in December - January and they were pretty cold even for us (-30 C) but I have engine/block heater so they helped. Maybe little longer it started but always started.

Alex, do you speak finnish at all? You speak so perfect english so have to ask because I have some questions and I thought that I'd like to ask those privately and in finnish? : D

Oh, and almost forgot, I know that pictures can be uploaded like that but they were pretty big so I decided to put links. I took pictures today but after three pictures my camera broke (at least I think so). Maybe tomorrow is a good day and I take last pictures with winter rims and tires and start changing summer tires/rims.

Sounds like an interesting plan!

Yea front ones look cool with the tints, but I sense I will have to regret my choice very soon :( Will have to take my Auris to it's first MOT during the summer - just pondering wether to remove the tints before the inspection and install new ones afterwards or just hope for the best. None of the options is tempting!

Winter was cold indeed, probably even more snow here than there. I was comparing Oulu to where most people on this forum are coming from :)

Thanks for the compliment! I'm just good at writing as I'm doing it quite a lot. Talking is a whole different story as it's all about practice. But yea, I do talk Finnish and will be more than happy to continue the discussion using PMs.

Okay cool, no problem with the pics. I'm sure people with slower connections do appreciate links more than preview pics, especially when they visit the same thread more than once and have to wait for the pics they've allready seen to load again and again... and... again... :wacko:

Best regards, Alex

Okay, cool ! I think we should talk with PMs because it's easier to me. :D Yea, in south there was like 60-80 cm snow, correct? I think we had something around 50 +/- 10 cm. And cold. Hrrrr..

But yes, maybe only one who lives in these latitudes. : D But no problem, okay, my car is new I got it in December but it's 2008 model anyway it was new. (maybe 2 or 3 kilometers driven)

(New pictures in my gallery)

Yea you're right regarding the snow situation. I've heard the same numbers in the news.

Why didn't you just wait and get the facelifted model? Many people don't like how it looks though...

Will take a look at the gallery... At least avatar looks great! :)

Best regards, Alex

I think facelifted model is all the same, two reflectors on back bumper, I don't like it, new headlights ok but not so different.

Also I had great offer for this and I have calculated that I saved thousands of euros because of our familyfriend works in Toyota store so that is why I bought this one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links