Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis In Japan

rsx_2003

Just curious does anyone know if the new UK buiilt Avensis sold in Japan now like the previous ones that was built in UK and exported there ? even though the same time Japan was offered with the Corona premio and the Allion which brings me to nxt question anyone know why the Avensis was exported to Japan when they already selling 2 similer sized / class Toyota ?, which the Avensis was based on them 2 models in 1st place anyway!

I don't know. But i bet they will get more powerful engines in a JDM version. The MK1 Avensis estated was sold as the Caldina in Japan, with the 3S-GE and 3S-GTE engine. We only got the 3S-FE and later the 1AZ-FSE in the 2.0 range

I don't know. But i bet they will get more powerful engines in a JDM version. The MK1 Avensis estated was sold as the Caldina in Japan, with the 3S-GE and 3S-GTE engine. We only got the 3S-FE and later the 1AZ-FSE in the 2.0 range

Yes the Mk 1 Avensis wagon was sold in Japan as the Caldina, but think that one was made in Japan not UK?? i do know the previous Avensis was offered as a 2.0, 2.4 in japan, the 2.4 was sold in Uk also but for short time and UK ddidnt get a 4WD Avensis japan did, that was also from UK factory!

Yes the Mk 1 Avensis wagon was sold in Japan as the Caldina, but think that one was made in Japan not UK?? i do know the previous Avensis was offered as a 2.0, 2.4 in japan, the 2.4 was sold in Uk also but for short time and UK ddidnt get a 4WD Avensis japan did, that was also from UK factory!

Yeah, true. I was just trying to make the poing, that the japanese mostly seem to get more interesting engines to choose from. Toyota's european engine options leave much to be desired. I've said it before and i'm saying it again. Put a damn turbo on that 2.0

AFAIK the new avensis is not sent to japan. whether or not they make their own im not sure

The current model Avensis is not currently offered in Japan.

The weird thing about the previous generation (T25 series) offered in Japan was that it had 4WD models which were not available in the UK!

The reason for the Avensis to be offered in Japan was mainly due to marketing. As you may know, there are a lot more models offered there but not all models are sold at any one particular dealership network. For instance, Premio and Allion are both the same car with slightly different cosmetics but sold via different dealership network. This means, if one wanted a Premio, one has to go to a Toyota dealership of network A, whilst Allion is only sold at dealership network B. In case of Avensis, it was sold through a Toyota dealer network called 'Netz' which did not sell either Premio or Allion at the time.

Moreover, the Avensis had estate models which both Premio and Allion didn't.

Unfortunately, despite the intensive ad campaign, the Avensis was not successful in terms of sales figure. After all, the T25 series was designed and intended for European market. Plus minor quality problems such as warping discs didn't help either...

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking for a dashmat for my Avensis, for ages. Here is how it looks on the Japan website above, at one of the members' pages.

Dashmat

Does anyone have any clue on how to find this product?

Looks home made, by someone handy with a sewing machine.

Why on earth would you want that .... ? :wacko:

I've been looking for a dashmat for my Avensis, for ages. Here is how it looks on the Japan website above, at one of the members' pages.

Dashmat

Does anyone have any clue on how to find this product?

found one in australia, hope this helps

http://www.icaraccessories.com.au/p/837530/sunland-dashmat-toyota-avensis-1201---current---t6906.html

Actually, I need it for 2 reasons:

1)My dashboard has many irregularities on its surface, mainly due to high temperatures here and also (sad to admin) low quality. I've owned many cars in the past, and this is the first car I own that has this type of damage

2)I'm planning to install Speakers up on the a pillars and need a way to minimize reflections.

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it's not made for T25. It's probably for an Australian version (different car actually) and it says "Suits all GLX & Ultima models" . The pictures listed on the link are a kind of misleading, but I've contacted this company(Sunland ) before some months to clarify.

Thanks!

speaking of the Avensis dash, does anyobody else notice that on a sunny day the glare off the dash onto the inside of the windscreen is terrible, cant make out the road ahead sometimes! Id like something to take the "shine" off the dash - or maybe not clean it again!!

Cheers

Mike