Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full Respray

AygoFast

About £1000 for a good job? Why?

I'm bored of blue trim, or as my friends call it "!Removed! blue". Besides, it seems everyone has the blue trim these days.

i must admit i like the cayman blue but agree its not the most masculine of tones! I think some dark alloys would help a lot. What about a funky vinyl wrap, probably a bit cheaper - not much, but you could get something completly original. You can also then remove it when you sell so it doesnt hurt the resale values

i must admit i like the cayman blue but agree its not the most masculine of tones! I think some dark alloys would help a lot. What about a funky vinyl wrap, probably a bit cheaper - not much, but you could get something completly original. You can also then remove it when you sell so it doesnt hurt the resale values

This could be worth considering! I was thinking possibly black or red. I didn't realise that was the name of it.. no way am I telling my friends or next I'll be hearing 'gayman blue' :D

I agree, I'm not keen of that blue. Also with the Blue, you only get Bluetooth and Air-Con as standard.

As above, hopefully I wont have 'gayman blue' anymore :D I'll check for cost of vinyl wrapping.

I would not go with a vinyl wrap.... my daughter's boyfriend works in this field and when removed the vinyl all too frequently lifts off some of the clear coat :(

You would be far better off with a good quality respray :yes:

I've looked into it further and for the respray you could be talking around the 1.5k mark. For the vinyl wrap, you can get it under a grand and from a reputable company, they can guarantee the paintwork will be preserved.

So far I've checked 2 companies and Tint K (http://tintk.com/) seem to provide a good service.

I've looked into it further and for the respray you could be talking around the 1.5k mark. For the vinyl wrap, you can get it under a grand and from a reputable company, they can guarantee the paintwork will be preserved.

So far I've checked 2 companies and Tint K (http://tintk.com/) seem to provide a good service.

Whatever you choose I wish you well :thumbsup:

Please post up a photo or two of your car when it has been finished :yes:

i think a wrap would be ace, no idea about it damaging paint tho - i'd assumed it didn't!

PMSL@gayman blue!

A chap in Evo - David Yu has recently had his GTR done - looks amazing. He posts on PH too.

that was with these guys http://www.fxuk.net/

BTW matt black seems to be the latest trend but I'm not that keen myself

Hey,

Just because other people dont like your colour of car, doesnt mean you go and spend over a grand on a paint job! :ffs:

Some people pay extra for metallic paint. Cayman blue isnt the worst of colours. Okay, I prefer my Aygo blue, the darker version before the new cayman blue come out.

The problem is with re-sprays is that not only do you have to strip the car down. There`s always a risk of things breaking off or not been put back properly. To get a full respray inside, and out. I ve not actually heard of a paint job as cheap as £1000. Well is foyu find one then let me know. lol.

Other problems include if you have a crash. It will be even harder to match your re-spray as its a custom paint. I d check things like insurance and how it will affect it.

If you want to go ahead then thats up to you, but I d wait a few years, and perhaps just trade it in for a new car or buy another car with a different colour.

If you go for a wrap you don't just have to have a uniform colour, you can add stripes, graphics, all kinds of stuff to make it really original.

Just take it all off at the end and your car has lost no value and has been more resistant to stone chips.

Paul.

To get a full respray inside, and out. I ve not actually heard of a paint job as cheap as £1000. Well is foyu find one then let me know. lol.

The inside doesn't come painted as standard anyway, you'd only be looking at the small strips under the sills and the dials.

Besides, I've opted for the wrap. :P

To get a full respray inside, and out. I ve not actually heard of a paint job as cheap as £1000. Well is foyu find one then let me know. lol.

The inside doesn't come painted as standard anyway, you'd only be looking at the small strips under the sills and the dials.

Besides, I've opted for the wrap. :P

I think he probably means the inside of the doors etc... but post up some pictures when it's done!

I think he probably means the inside of the doors etc... but post up some pictures when it's done!

A full job would indeed mean pulling all the trim out and getting the bare Shell painted which could cost a lot. But if you pull some trim back, look under the bonnet (or just the engine bay in general) you'll see it's not painted.

I'm still looking into it, but if I go ahead with this it will be a wrap. B)