Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bike Rack

jamiects

is there such thing as a bike rack that is made fora corolla t-sport or is it a case of having a tow bar fit?

any help would be much appriciated, thanks

Most bike racks that mount the back of a Hatchback will fit. I have one that can carry two bikes, but I dislike it due to the fact the Pedals bounce off the bumper...

I'm in the process of getting roof bars and I'll eventually get a Bike carrier for the roof. The joys of having a baby and needing to take more stuff everywhere! :lol:

As I have a 5 door CTS, the standard corolla roof bars fit perfectly. I'll be throwing a Thule bike rack on top of them for a little trip to France in June :D

Lucky you.. :P Roof Bars are gonna cost me roughly £130 from Kingo. lol

I have a bike rack i use on my car all the time.

I got it from Halfords and hasn't done any damage to the car.

I can put a pic up if you want one.

i have got one of the racks that fit on the boot lid and i really dislike it due to the bike handles and brake levers scratching and digging into the spoiler.

been looking on eBay and a tow bar is around £120 any one think this is a good deal?

thanks

i have got one of the racks that fit on the boot lid and i really dislike it due to the bike handles and brake levers scratching and digging into the spoiler.

been looking on ebay and a tow bar is around £120 any one think this is a good deal?

thanks

On my bike rack the bike sits out from the boot and spolier.

I am going out on my bike tomoz and i will take pics of it on the car.

i have been looking on e bay and places now for towbars then get a carrier that will fit to that, does any one have any pics of a t sport with a tow bar fitted just so i know its not going to look odd/ugly with one on?

thanks

Ricc had one on his, and IMO, It was fugly. and weigned a tonne!

really!? you can get a Roof Rack for the 3 door T sport?? got any more details of that anyone? when i looked into it all i found was you couldnt get one for it.

I mess around putting my bikes in the back of my car when i have two very good Roof Rack bike carriers in the garage gathering dust i have a rack but its a universal one and only fits on cars with 5 doors.

EDIT: just found these http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4.php?emulate=roofbar&query=1712&vptype=4131&brand=Thule is this what you on about?

Joel

Joel, Nope...

I have looked at those before, But I asked Parts-King for a price on Toyota ones.....

Here's the rather amusing (to me atleast) conversation re them.

Evening Steve! No, wait, Paul! Noo... John! that's it.

Do you happen to have a quote for a set of Roofbars for my 2005 Corolla T SPort? (3Dr obviously!)

Roof box and bike carriers would b extremely handy with the addition of the babs to the family! :lol:

Cheers.

Kearon. :thumbsup:

Hi Kevin :lol:

The roof bars for your car are as follows

Bars £148.37 retail, our price 126.11

Carriage 7.00

Sub total 133.11

VAT 19.97

Total 153.08

Yes quite pricey huh? You can also get bike racks etc, you dont want to know there prices no.gif

Cheers

Ted

Hi Ted!

I'm assuming these bars will allow any sort of roof box / bike carrier to fit on top?

Charlie.

Bill

Yes the roof boxes are universal and will fit these bars, the bike carrier might not be so universal, a Toyota one is £75 PER BIKE and you cant put a box and a bike rack on at the same time

Winston

msprince that looks a hell of a lot better than the one i got, as i said it has marked my spoiler not just one mark, 3!!!!!

where did you get yours from i think it would be cheaper than a towbar.

thanks

I got it from Halfords, they do have a good selection.

This is the one i got.

Clicky

It comes with arms so it can be fitted to most cars.

It is pricey but i got it half price in a sale ages ago.

It will hold 3 bikes with no bother.

And most importantly no mars on the car :-).

Thule rapid lock system, 120 or is it 130cm aero bars, short roof kit and then you can either go full bike carrier/front fork bike holder and of course, the boxes of your choice :)

towbars = MASSIVE MASSIVE fail. they weigh in excess of 30kg probably more than 40 tbf. and they requires a bumper cut out. way uncool.

had marc not already got a set of rails for his 5dr id get a 3dr kit for the cts for lemans.

• 1 year later...

Here are some pics of the bike rack on the back of the car.

thanks a bundle for the pics - just got myself one of these off eBay pretty cheap and didnt manage to get it fitted tonight following the instructions and my own tests. I was going to fit the longer arms next as you have done but ill just copy your setup.

thanks again

Haha no bother glad i can help.

One thing i would reccomend is the put foam on the tabs that sit on the bottom of the boot, as i found out they do start to rub the paint off over time.

Can you get roof racks or bars for a t sport if so where do they fit to?

Haha no bother glad i can help.

One thing i would reccomend is the put foam on the tabs that sit on the bottom of the boot, as i found out they do start to rub the paint off over time.

I think mine Halfords one is slightly different to yours, it already has a foam upper and foam lower to sit on the bumper, Has two top straps, two underside staps and also two side straps to keep it straight.

But yea they seem to keep in different forms, mines the high rise one that doesnt obscure the number plate but can fit two bikes. Its worth buying the foam pads that go between the bikes as they tend to rub on each other, can be a pain with some full suspension frames.