Do Not Sell My Personal Information

223w Avensis T-sport (new avensis)

SimonDurrance

Official word from Management at Toyota UK (Burnaston Plant) today is that there are no plans this year or possibly at all to release an Avensis T-Sport. The 2.4 4cyl 20v 160bhp engine that is being fitted to the 223w Avensis is for the 790 variant which is still in project stage at the moment, is for export to Japan only. and the only body style which will have the 2.4 lump is a four wheel drive wagon. also no turbo or supercharged versions of the Corolla T-Sport as there are no plans to alter the shape of the body Shell or MC to accomodate different engines/addon bits. the only body Shell mods are to the underbody to allow the use of 4WD.

I've only posted this info because i'm fed up of reading false rumors on this site started by folks who work at our plant, getting peoples hopes up of some "Monster" of a car that the T-Sport will be. the only possibility is if TGB bows under pressure from customers who want a T-Sport Avensis then we may possibly start building them with the 1.8 VVTL-i engine from the corolla but the this is highly unlikey and is not even remotely going to happen.

Hi Simon can you shed any light on the availabilty of TTE parts for the Corolla T Sport please, I trying to get the following:

AM26062 Quick shift kit

AM28906 lowering spings

AM28840 front spoiler,

AM26197 twin silencer ,

any help would be gratefully appreciated

thanks

Well... too bad for Avensis T-Sport, but it would have to have V6 engine with lots of torque anyway...

As to Corolla TS s/c or turbo, i am pretty sure there will be aftermarket addons... and I would be surprised if TTE would not do something as well... of course, its gonna cost a lot but still...