Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Extended Warranty - What's Included

Berti

My Avensis Tourer 2.0 D4D will be 3 years old on 11/05/10 and as it has done only 22K I am considering running it for another year and also considering purchasing an extended warranty from Toyota.

Problem is that whilst the Toyota Website provides information and costings it does not appear to provide info on what's parts are included and, more importantly, what's excluded. The other interesting thing is that it gives two prices - one for cars over 2 years old and one for cars over 3 years old. Naturally the prce for cars over 3 years old is considerably more than that for those over 2 years. Strange thing is that I can't see the relevance of the price for cars over 2 years old as they would still be covered by the manfacturer's 3 year warranty from new!!??

If anyone can share any knowledge on this subject I would be much obliged.

Cheers

Bertie

My Avensis Tourer 2.0 D4D will be 3 years old on 11/05/10 and as it has done only 22K I am considering running it for another year and also considering purchasing an extended warranty from Toyota.

Problem is that whilst the Toyota Website provides information and costings it does not appear to provide info on what's parts are included and, more importantly, what's excluded. The other interesting thing is that it gives two prices - one for cars over 2 years old and one for cars over 3 years old. Naturally the prce for cars over 3 years old is considerably more than that for those over 2 years. Strange thing is that I can't see the relevance of the price for cars over 2 years old as they would still be covered by the manfacturer's 3 year warranty from new!!??

If anyone can share any knowledge on this subject I would be much obliged.

Cheers

Bertie

Hi Bertie,

I have purchased this extended warrenty - according to the documents, it gives the same level of warrenty as the original 3 years (if you search this forum, you will find quite a few answers). The things that are not covered are consumables - bulbs tyres break pads etc.

I was in a little different position, as I have quite a high milage (over 65K at the moment...), and finished the 60K before the 3 years ended. By purchasing the warrenty, Toyota gave me free cover up to the 3 years, so I will have full 5 years warrenty (this is how it works). I am not sure I would do the same if my milage was low, but you have to do your own calculations to decide if you do that. You also need to consider that if you take the warrenty up, you have to service the car at a dealership (this is one of the conditions on the warrenty).

Hope this helps

Regards

TwoT

Thanks for that - I see now what the sub 3 year old quote is for - for people doing over the 60K in the first 3 years.

Good to know that the extended warranty cover is the same as the original. Time now for me to decide whether to gamble of slash out £500 odd!!

Thanks again

Bertie

[

Hi Bertie,

I have purchased this extended warrenty - according to the documents, it gives the same level of warrenty as the original 3 years (if you search this forum, you will find quite a few answers). The things that are not covered are consumables - bulbs tyres break pads etc.

I was in a little different position, as I have quite a high milage (over 65K at the moment...), and finished the 60K before the 3 years ended. By purchasing the warrenty, Toyota gave me free cover up to the 3 years, so I will have full 5 years warrenty (this is how it works). I am not sure I would do the same if my milage was low, but you have to do your own calculations to decide if you do that. You also need to consider that if you take the warrenty up, you have to service the car at a dealership (this is one of the conditions on the warrenty).

Hope this helps

Regards

TwoT

If, in 3 years, you've only covered 22K miles, and are considering keeping the car for only another year, then maybe £500 would not really be a necessary or worthwhile investment. Surely it should last for a further 7K miles without any problems?

all I can say is its well worth it, so far ive had a egr valve a cat converter with labour it was £2500 and about to have a water pump