Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Wheel Centre Caps

trevandall

Hello

I have a 2005 Prius with the plastic wheel trims covering what I think would be really quite nice alloys except - there is nothing covering the bearing nut.

I've been trowling through the internet and through these forums (though I haven't spoken to Toyota yet) looking for centre caps for them. Has anyone here got them?

Thanks

Trevandall

The same applies to the Gen 3. Yes you can get them from Toyota - there are about 3 different versions and they cost about £8 each!!!

I am thinking of getting some for the summer.

Hi, I fitted them last year to my 2007, there was a posting on this forum about that time, it gave the code you need.

have been searching through reciepts [i know thats sad!! :( ]no help i'm afraid. however, they came no-where near £8 each :eek:

around a tenner for all 4 i think? they are plastic and you will need to paint them, halfords had the nearest match.

They look great!

Mr Happy :yahoo:

Maybe Kingo could come up with some Toyota part No's?

Maybe Kingo could come up with some Toyota part No's?

Yep part numbers and photos would be appreciated. Trusting they are genuine Toyota parts and not just some fake eBay nonsense. :unsure:

Note the threads above are from the Gen 3/new model forum; I'm going to carry on talking about my Gen 3 so apologies for hi-jacking a thread that was originally about 2005 Prius wheel trims but if I understand correctly there is some relevance because one part that fits the Gen 3 15" wheels also fits the Gen 2.

A few weeks ago (when the clocks changed and I started doing more driving in daylight hours) I decided to remove my wheel covers & get some centre caps so I researched the threads johalareewi quotes above, and in summary there are two Toyota caps that fit the Gen 3 15" wheels:

A. Part # 42603-52030 - For the 2004-2009 Gen 2 Prius 15" wheel. Domed, smooth and with the Toyota logo recessed.

B. Part # 42603-52110 - For the 2007-2009 Yaris wheels. Flatter, textured and with the Toyota logo raised.

I preferred the look of option B; I ordered mine through my local Toyota garage and they cost £41.41 for 4 (£8.81 each + VAT). At this point I will, no doubt, find out that I could have got the parts for a fraction of the price somewhere else, but this will probably be my limit as far as ride pimping goes :)

I would show pictures of my own but (in addition to johalareewi's profile picture) there are perfectly good examples in the following posts, also from PriusChat (too perfect in some ways: I don't ever expect to have such a clean car with such shiny tyres :rolleyes: ):

Comparison of two alternative centre caps

Example of B above (zoomed out to show whole car)

Comparison of original wheel cover versus wheel with type B centre cap only

P.S. disclaimer: my research was all taken from online forums - but I do reckon it's accurate and the caps I ended up buying seem to work fine on my Gen 3 T3.

• Like 1

Part number A is 8.84 each plus VAT

Part number B is 8.81 each plus VAT

Prices are assuming you are reading this thread in 2010 :lol: Its amazing how many times people say to me.....blimey, they have gone up a bit, only to be reading a thread 5 years old :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Got mine yesterday, chose the type A ones, very happy with the look, Cheers all for the info!!

Got mine yesterday, chose the type A ones, very happy with the look, Cheers all for the info!!

I've recently read on the US forum that some don't allow you to put the trim back over them without taking them off again.

Are you able to put the wheel trim back over yours without removing them?

Anyone know a cheaper source in the UK? My local dealer (Jemca, Kingston) are quoting £49 for a set.

Not a big deal but there seem to be much cheaper options in the US. I'd prefer the textured ones.

Anyone know a cheaper source in the UK? My local dealer (Jemca, Kingston) are quoting £49 for a set.

Not a big deal but there seem to be much cheaper options in the US. I'd prefer the textured ones.

See above? (and below to help):

Part number A is 8.84 each plus VAT

Part number B is 8.81 each plus VAT

Prices are assuming you are reading this thread in 2010 :lol: Its amazing how many times people say to me.....blimey, they have gone up a bit, only to be reading a thread 5 years old :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've recently read on the US forum that some don't allow you to put the trim back over them without taking them off again.

um, not sure mate, cant remember where I squirrelled away the trims, if I can dig em out, I'll give it a try. TBH though, not sure why anyone would want to put the trims on over the centre caps, one or the other I would have thought?

um, not sure mate, cant remember where I squirrelled away the trims, if I can dig em out, I'll give it a try. TBH though, not sure why anyone would want to put the trims on over the centre caps, one or the other I would have thought?

I think the Gen 3 15" wheel trims give a slight improvement in aerodynamics and therefore fuel economy, so I would consider putting the covers on if going on a long, high speed journey. Once the centre caps are inserted, it's difficult to get them out again without risking a scratch, so the covers would have to go on top.

I must have read the same discussion about not being able to fit the wheel trim over some centre caps so I had a look before putting my caps on. I didn't try to measure anything but it seemed to me that there is plenty of clearance: the wheel spokes come out a lot further than the centre hole and there isn't anything protruding into the wheel on the back of the wheel cover. GrumpyCabbie, it only takes a couple of seconds to pop the covers off - just hook your fingers behind the trim and have a look - in my opinion it shouldn't be a problem for most, if not all, wheel centre caps. A bit of foam stuck to the inside centre of the wheelcover would prevent any scratches on the centre caps but in my case I don't see the need.

• 1 year later...

this thread is old but i enquired about centre caps for my 2006 Prius at my local Mr T today and they said they haven't got any or know if there is any available. where else can i get some?

you got the link? i have seen a few but not sure which will fit and which will look rubbish

• 1 month later...

Sorry i was slow, but i did say i'd post a couple of pictures of what the wheels look like with centre caps.

IMG_20120125_112841.jpg

IMG_20120125_112851.jpg

Don't the Yaris ones fit? Measure the hole and have a word with your friendly dealer. Maybe even pop round and get them to try a few you like the look of. Beware though, they're NOT cheap at about £10 each or something!?!

Like I say, I got mine off eBay and they were listed as Toyota Prius wheel centres or something like that. They're not exactly the correct size as they clip on nice and tight, but when on they rattle so have had to wrap a little tape round them.

Just had a look on eBay and theres currently none for sale in the UK, but there are ones from Japan or the US.

Apart from that, I think they look the part!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links