Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horns

wardude

Been toying with the idea of changing the naff horns on the Rav to summit more fitting. i found this one on E Bay and its GREAT. if you go down to bottom of the page theres a link so you can hear it. Sounds likke the QE2. Road legal too.

Sooooo tempted#

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEBEL-NAUTILUS-AIR-HORN-RED-CAR-VAN-cheapest-on-ebay_W0QQitemZ250417387107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a4e0a1663

Reminds me of the chattanooga choo choo.........:D: :D: :D: Brilliant find, you can just imagine the train coming round the bend :lol:

Go for it! I put a cracking pair of horns on my BMW motorbike after some numpty nearly had me off :eek: I blew the standard horn and I could hardly hear it myself so bought a pair of hi-lo horns, if you blow the horn now it wakes the dead B)

Kingo :thumbsup:

PS This one sounds more like a standard car but a more compact design, great sound too!!

http://www.stebel.it...&tipologia=auto

Just look at the horn on this!

http://www.stebel.it/stebel2009/products.asp?IDserie=12&uso=&tipologia=PNEUMATICS

Kingo

i think ill get that second one and pop it on the roof. lol. awesome. Dont know what Toyota were thinking putting the horns we have on the Rav. its pathetic

Been toying with the idea of changing the naff horns on the Rav to summit more fitting. i found this one on E Bay and its GREAT. if you go down to bottom of the page theres a link so you can hear it. Sounds likke the QE2. Road legal too.

Sooooo tempted#

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEBEL-NAUTILUS-AIR-HORN-RED-CAR-VAN-cheapest-on-ebay_W0QQitemZ250417387107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a4e0a1663

Just be aware that there is not a whole lot of room between the grille and the rad. I used a pair off a 5 series Beemer and they just fitted with a bit of bracketing. Sounds a lot more grown up now. The originals sounded like Roadrunner

cheers Davrav

I think ill be going with the ones Kingo pointed out. pretty much a similar size to whats already on. The ones that are on are sooooo naff. id rather shout BEEP out the window

I fitted a triple racing horn type set to the number 1 - squeezed into a space next to the alternator but loud enough to warrant attention. Of course it needs to be loud to alert the folk a mile ahead :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sounds like a good set up mate lol

I take it I can just fit one horn using the wire and just disconnect the horn on the other side??

Yup... the standard Rav4 horn is a joke and sound like a 'Noddy car'; I am too embarrassed even to use it! I just ordered the Stebel... it looks the biz, I sure hope it moves some air (hair!) :eek:

I have a German boats Klaxon in my garage... now that is VERY loud , but runs on 24v and is a about 14" long (arguably two tone, so may not be legal) so would be difficult to fit in the Rav. The Stebel should do... :yes:

DaveH

Horns on many cars are just rubbish. Ford used to be particularly bad with them, my aunts old fezza sounded like a stabbed duck.

A big vehicle needs a big horn! :yes:

Horns on many cars are just rubbish. Ford used to be particularly bad with them, my aunts old fezza sounded like a stabbed duck.

You mean like this?.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKvHzCUKBA&feature=related

Hey Ancs

When you put your new horns in did you have to cut the wire on the old horns and fit a new plug??

I managed to sort out that spare wheel. Fits like a glove, new wheel, tyre and 5 studs for £140 delivered so I couldent turn it down. Thanks for all the help and offer though. Appreciated

Oh yes! :lol:

They really should fit one of those to a mini. :D

It's a long time since I have seen the hornblasters video on youtube, thats a good find Anchorman, I just spent about 15 minutes laughing at all the different clips on there............classic :D: :D: :D:

Its a bit mean really but there is something funny about making somebody jump. I used to have a company Montego (I know, I know) and if I was feeling a bit mischievous I would turn the left hand washer jet towards the kirb. It was really funny to watch the reactions - a push bike was a real find, slow down and get just in front then let her rip!

slow down and get just in front then let her rip!

I did'nt realise you had a bit of Jeremy Beadle streak in you Anchs :lol:

I did'nt realise you had a bit of Jeremy Beadle streak in you Anchs :lol:

Bet you have one hand smaller than the other too eh lol

Well, I followed the link and ordered the Stebel Nautilus... it said it had a low & high tone and very loud! <?>

Did the boy do right? :blink:

DaveH

Hey Daveh

Which Horn did you go for? The single LOUD one or the double pack

Well, I followed the link and ordered the Stebel Nautilus... it said it had a low & high tone and very loud! <?>

Did the boy do right? :blink:

DaveH

Hey Daveh

Which Horn did you go for? The single LOUD one or the double pack

COOL BEANS matey. Yeah if you go on the link you can hear it by clicking on that small sound icon. Sounds like s ship lol

Peolple in the office are fed up with me tooting these horns now.......Childish I know :D: :D: :D:

Peolple in the office are fed up with me tooting these horns now.......Childish I know :D: :D: :D:

LOL. I want the Nautilis but I aint sure if it will fit in the 06

Oh yes! :lol:

They really should fit one of those to a mini. :D

mini what ? JCB ?

Parts-king

I think they are trying to be kind - its the smell of greasy pies that bugs them!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the new horns and what a difference. Well pleased. Thanks to Anchorman for the instructions in the tips section too :thumbsup: