Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car

bigboy99

Hello

My dad has just bought me a 2010 landcruiser lc5 and i love it its my first 4X4 i just needed to let that out

Hello

My dad has just bought me a 2010 landcruiser lc5 and i love it its my first 4X4 i just needed to let that out

Lucky you...

hi there

you lucky bloke,.....but will it get muddy?????

after all its built for it...... :thumbsup:

or will it stay pristine and shiny.....and boring :yawn:

gooo oooon take it off road,see where it will go,and enjoy.. :yahoo:

use the low range & dif lock,...these 'toys' are there for using,not just for looking at...

with that 3.0 d4d engine,huge torque output,it should go anywhere,and it wont breakdown,unlike a range rover :lol::lol::lol:

i cant afford one,but my rav4 goes green laning as often as possible

take some pics and chuck em on ere...with it muddy ! ! !

When i picked it up from the dealership it had loads os scratches on it so they took it back in last week to get them all sorted so at the moment it looks nice and shiny i will upload pics as far as the buttons go i dont even know what some of them mean what is a diff lock ( by the way this is my first 4x4 ) where in the uk would you take it off road i live in york any sugestions

i will go outside and take the pics

When i picked it up from the dealership it had loads os scratches on it so they took it back in last week to get them all sorted so at the moment it looks nice and shiny i will upload pics as far as the buttons go i dont even know what some of them mean what is a diff lock ( by the way this is my first 4x4 ) where in the uk would you take it off road i live in york any sugestions

i will go outside and take the pics

hi bigboy

low range and dif lock are the main functions needed for off road driving,very slow ,very precise handling,allowing you to put the vehicle 'exactly' where you want it to go.

you may have 'air' suspension,allowing you the raise the rear of the vehicle by approx 100mm to give you more ground clearance,again ,an essential tool to stop the underside from getting bashed.

you will have hil start assist,and HDC,hill descent control,to stop you from going too fast downhill on STEEP downhill off road.

in low range 'engine braking' comes into affect,not allowing the vehicle to go any faster downhill than say walking pace....whatever the gradient ! ! ! !

it will also go unhill...almost vertical...in low range,on mud...dont be scared....it will do it,their is enough torque in them motors to pull houses ! !

look on internet for 'pay & play' days at disused sand pits in your area,its great fun..ideal for testing your new toy.these fun days are usually marshalled so there are people there who will 'get you out of trouble' 'if' you get stuck.

but dont be shy,take it easy first,get used to the vehicle..but dont go roaring in full throttle,or you may embarress yourself.

go on you tube,type in land cruiser,videos everwhere wordwide....give you an idea what these vehicles can do.....they are the best,bar none

never ever use your foot on the brake,when offroading downhill,its lethal,just select low range 1st gear,and just steer in safely down...nothing more

SERIOUSLY THOUGH.....ITS GREAT FUN......ENJOY

hi again

also forgot to mention,the screen at top of the dash,you will see 'graphics' that show you the predicted course of forward movement when off roading.

the screen shows the view from a camera mounted right at the base of the front grille in the center.

this allow you to see where the wheels 'will' be going on the screen....bloomin handy,especially during......

ROCK CRAWLING

when you turn the steering wheel the graphics show the wheels path turning as well,showing where you will end up in next few meters

although i havnt got a land cruiser,i would love to own another one,as have in the past but way way too expensive for me to run.

they are extremely strong,may outlast your lifetime,it will cover 300'000 miles happily,if maintained properly,last for years and years... i aint joking

anymore info just PM me

hi again

also found this

www.adventureconnections.co.uk/york/multi-activity-off-road.jsp

hope its helps