Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Discs

tinbad

hi im fitting rear discs and pads to my 2002 rav4 2.0 nv 3door do you have to go through the beding in method for the shoes driving with handbrake on etc or his that just if you have also changed the shoes thanks tony

Hi and good morning......

most of the braking is done at the front, so bedding in the rears is more awkward sort of. Follow any instructions re bedding in the pads - normally I think its just to avoid vicious use of the brakes until the pad material has had a chance to cook gently - but ancs is the expert here (brakes, not cooking)

Haven't heard the one about driving along with the handbrake on- unnecessary surely if its only the pads and disc/drum you've done. The shoes will have been bedded to the old drum which shouldn't be that much different to the new one.... unless you do handbrake turns frequently?

hi yes thats what i thought and in the pdf on changing rear discs it only mentions beading in setting up if the shoes have been replaced i only asked question because i also have a crv and its manual says (if new handbrake and /or rear discs/drum s have been fitted)you have to go through the same has the toyota setting up, driving with handbrake on one click for 1/2 mile repeat 3 times then adjust up again, not somthing i have ever encounted worked for land rover for ten year but they never had inboard handbrake seems a bit of a chew on ,wonder how many times it accutley gets done in toyota workshops, going to get on with it this afternoon just wondered what anybody else had done when replacing them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links