Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2.0 D4D Leaking Water :( Help

Adrian Mo

heys guys, bit of a problem, i have a 2003 corolla 2.0 d4d and it started leaking water INTO the car.

i took out the glovebox and removed a few cliped on bits of plastic to see the metal water pipes. there are two comming from the engine and they lead into some 'box-like-thing' behind the fan/heating controls...

what is that 'box-like-thing' they're leading into because its in there the water seems to be leaking from and quite badly. [all water was drained pretty quickly into passenger footwell]

thanks, adrian.

heys guys, bit of a problem, i have a 2003 corolla 2.0 d4d and it started leaking water INTO the car.

i took out the glovebox and removed a few cliped on bits of plastic to see the metal water pipes. there are two comming from the engine and they lead into some 'box-like-thing' behind the fan/heating controls...

what is that 'box-like-thing' they're leading into because its in there the water seems to be leaking from and quite badly. [all water was drained pretty quickly into passenger footwell]

thanks, adrian.

sounds like your heater matrix is leaking

Yes that'll be your heater matrix. You'll have to remove most of the fascia to get at it unfortunately. IIRC you also need to drain the coolant system because it runs off the same one.

PM parts king for the price of a new matrix. It's something that you can do yourself.

hey guys, found out from google its the heater core like you said - found one for 42quid which sounds good to me - ill not be changing it myself, looks too tricky to get to and i cant be ar**d lol.

thanks again

hey guys, found out from google its the heater core like you said - found one for 42quid which sounds good to me - ill not be changing it myself, looks too tricky to get to and i cant be ar**d lol.

thanks again

Sounds like a good price to me but where from and is it second hand? Be wary of things like that as they could be damaged. ;)