Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rolling Road

SallyIQ

Has anyone else run their IQ on a rolling road dyno?

I put mine on with my car club on Saturday, I got 75.3bhp which I was really pleased with as standard its 67bhp.

My mods are Blitz Induction Kit and Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust

Will upload the graph if anyone is interested

Did you put your car on the same dyno before you changed anything?

The figures you get are meaningless, and comparing the figures to other figures from other cars on other dynos is an even more meaningless pursuit.

Dynos are useful for two things, mapping an engine and measuring the effect of any changes you make. But you need to compare like-for-like; dynos are born not equal, and neither are engines from the same manufacturer in the same model of car. You could drive to another garage up the road and make "60hp".

Make some more changes to your car and go back to the SAME dyno and see what happens then. That's the best you can hope for.

Cant see where I have compared to any other car on any other dyno?

Standard its supposed/apparantly/quoted as being 67bhp so the fact mine is 75bhp means that im a very happy girlie, either im just lucky or the mods are actually doing something.

Win win situation for me personally...

Niknaksi is definitely right.

The IQ is supposed to have 68 horses btw (minimum of course) so that's one for starters. ;)

If you did not compare it before and after on the same dyno these figures are absolutely and totally useless :(

But happines is a state of mind and worth more then a couple of horsepowers. :yes:

Cant see where I have compared to any other car on any other dyno?

Standard its supposed/apparantly/quoted as being 67bhp so the fact mine is 75bhp means that im a very happy girlie, either im just lucky or the mods are actually doing something.

Win win situation for me personally...

Sally, regardless of the accuracy of before and after output figures, for you to be a "happy girlie" means that you must feel a positive difference in the car's responsiveness and handling compared to the original set-up, and that is what is important.

You certainly wouldn't be as chuffed as you obviously are, if the performance had become noticeably worse!

Drill a hole in the exaust and most of the people swear the car is faster and and more responsive as well. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Thats brilliant Sally.

The next thing that I think that you should do is the 4-2-1 manifold.

As others have said, you can't say for definate that your car has gone from 67/68 to 75 as your car may have been higher or lower than the official figure. That said though, the fact that you've had a custom exhaust (which doesn't necessarily mean louder) and a performance air filter generally add about 10% which seems about right.

I'm more interested in your torgue figure that you should also had recorded on the rolling road. Also, what MPG are you getting on average.

Also, where did you have the rolling road done, someone else on here with a 1.0litre could have it done. Won't give you a perfect before/after but might see the improvements quite clearly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links