Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manchester- Recommend Me A Clued Up Indie Garage

hora

Doesn't matter if they don't have 'Toyota' on their paperwork. Really I'm after someone who has worked on Avensis's before and I wont be funding their training/familiarising them on the engine etc!

Doesn't matter if they don't have 'Toyota' on their paperwork. Really I'm after someone who has worked on Avensis's before and I wont be funding their training/familiarising them on the engine etc!

Not sure about any indie's in manchester, but I can recomend Parts-king http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=34014. Hes only Short ish drive from you. If nothing else worth a call/pm to get prices. (I know hes more competitive on parts then my local Mr T even inluding postage)

whats the problem ?

whats the problem ?

Two things. The car needs servicing.

Secondly, before I bought my Avensis the belt on the alternator etc was squealing so the prev owner had a new belt fitted. Its now making noisy 'roller-noises' (from the rollers at that side is the best way of describing it). I think the tension on the rollers need backing off a bit? (The belts on too tight?)

Is there a way I can do myself? I have a socket and wrench set

can you see if you car has one belt, or two belts?

Ie one for Power Steering,

and another one for a the Alternator ?

You can check if the belt is on too tight,

When the engine is off, you can press on the belt to see if the belt is spongy or bouncy.

Belt whould be just firm.