Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Join The "lift" Society

chezd76

I am currently lookin about for t-sport ,want a bit more oomph ,currently have a megane coupe on its second ide engine lol,just saw this on fleabay

clicky

I have pm the seller asked about the lift bolts first up ,he said hes a toyota technican and he doesnt think they have been changed ,i have also asked about the dreaded seat pins ,but still waiting for the reply.

So the question is ,does this seem like a bargain,or should i stay clear ,its slap bang in my budget ,but im no hurry to buy at the mo.

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

hhuumm that seems too cheap, probaly just after a quick sale, but also has limited service history i would enquire what exactly that means, it could make it hard to verify the low milage. I'd also enquire if it has had its cam belt service done if it hasnt you need to put on a few hundered quid easy on the price to have the service done shortly after you get it for peice of mind. With regards to the low milage id check for exccesive wear on the seats and pedals and carpets on the drivers side, if there is alot this could be a give away to if the milage is accurate. and the car could have a different engine to what it came with from factory. not that, thats a bad thing but need to know before buying.

Other then that take all the other care when buying any second hand car. Do reg checks on the car etc.

Joel

OK so I've had a look and I'd say it is definitely a fair price for the car. It is a 51 reg so basically one of the first to be made (not sure if that is a good or a bad thing with the T-Sport), but considering its age, it has done very, very low mileage. I almost thought it had been lowered as well which would have been a big bonus, but the side on picture was taken whilst parked on a curb, so it's tough to judge on that one. As an added bonus though, it does have the TTE front grille on it which would set you back about £250 after it has been painted if you were to buy it separately. It's had new discs and pads, which is a good thing and it is also one of the better colours that the CTS came in.

I'd pay it some serious attention personally.

I'd also enquire if it has had its cam belt service done if it hasnt you need to put on a few hundered quid easy on the price to have the service done shortly after you get it for peice of mind.

The T Sport has a Cam Chain not belt which doesn't need changing thumbsup.gif

Ok thanks for the quick replies :rolleyes: ,id still haggle on that buy it now price ,im just a cheap skate lol

Student loan comes next week ,so if this guy is avaliable for a viewing il be going up to see it.hopefully its the bargain of the yr ,as iv had no look with cars :crybaby:

Looks very cheap to me. Wouldn't buy a car off eBay without viewing it beforehand, so get over there. If its as good as he says its a bargain tbh. I'd expect it to be closer to 3250-3500 price wise.

Looks very cheap to me. Wouldn't buy a car off ebay without viewing it beforehand, so get over there. If its as good as he says its a bargain tbh. I'd expect it to be closer to 3250-3500 price wise.

ye id would never buy a car beforehand either,seller still hasnt replied to my messages from yesterday :unsure: ,and it looks like its ended without a sale ,wish he would just get back to me so i can go up and take a look.

Lift bolts are highly unlikely to be an issue and people tend to change them for peace of mind rather than anything else (plus if it a £1.60 job). Also if you know a welder it is a simple job to fix the seat pin if it snaps.

He probably got an offer to end early and avoid the seller fees.

I agree with Chris, £3000ish mark i'd price that at. To be honest if he's a toyota technician I would have asked Toyota to sell it for me and its a little convienient. Last thing ya want is an oil starved engine with bent valves or something like that. Engines in these hardly go if there looked after, but you'd be spending a lot for a new or recon'd engine.

One of you guys took the lift bolts out of an engine with over 100k and there was moderate damage but nothing too severe, depends on the users use of lift naturally. Not had the seat pins problem in my 52, but have the heater problem with it being luke warm - but again its expected as matrix's do clog up.

Be nice if you checked whether he had replaced the clutch and master cylinder too as i'm sure it will have the squeaky clutch like everyone else has.

God my dads vectra is a 57 and its had; faulty instrument panel, emissions fault, lambda sensor, alternator, handbrake cable issue, power loss issues. I just laugh, i've only changed rear brake discs pads and tyres in 25k and the service history is clean.

I see this car parked outside Pentagon Toyota Doncaster every time i have been so looks like he is telling the truth there! Looks tidy enough from a distance, will go and have a closer look for you if you want mate. Dont know if him being a Toyota Tech is worth much as whenever i have been they seem a bit clueless on the T Sport. I know he also wanted a tte backbox for it as i tried to order one from there and they told me "we cant get them as we have tried to get one for one of our technicians" Parts king could still get them easily!, so they are a bit useless at Doncaster. The price seems about right i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for all the replies guys ,still no reply from him ,looks like its gone :crybaby:

I had a drive of a t-sport in rochdale yesterday ,oo god was it tatty,got a few questions

seats folded but didnt slide forward - pins on the way out maybe ?

clutch bite was at the top,even though the dealer said it was brand new ,coming out of an 2.0l megane coupe which a heavy i still thought the pedal was overly lite ,is that normal?

couldnt get into 5th or 6th untill i got to about 15mins in the test drive ,does the box need warming up?

loud knocking from passenger footwell ,my mate who was sitting there said it felt like ,anti roll bar knocking,im guessing u shudnt feel or hear it working around a 10mph corner. :eek:

brake pedal didnt work until the bottom,actually need went into the back of someone.also was told there new.bite should be at the top rite ?

as for lift ,i waited till she was warm.2nd gear readline ,ommggggg :P now i know why youz are addicted.is it meant to kick vtech style or is meant to feel a big surge in power.

as u can imagine i walked away

had 70k miles ,up at 3800

any input from you guys will be appreciated

cheers

Cheers for all the replies guys ,still no reply from him ,looks like its gone :crybaby:

I had a drive of a t-sport in rochdale yesterday ,oo god was it tatty,got a few questions

seats folded but didnt slide forward - pins on the way out maybe ?

clutch bite was at the top,even though the dealer said it was brand new ,coming out of an 2.0l megane coupe which a heavy i still thought the pedal was overly lite ,is that normal?

couldnt get into 5th or 6th untill i got to about 15mins in the test drive ,does the box need warming up?

loud knocking from passenger footwell ,my mate who was sitting there said it felt like ,anti roll bar knocking,im guessing u shudnt feel or hear it working around a 10mph corner. :eek:

brake pedal didnt work until the bottom,actually need went into the back of someone.also was told there new.bite should be at the top rite ?

as for lift ,i waited till she was warm.2nd gear readline ,ommggggg :P now i know why youz are addicted.is it meant to kick vtech style or is meant to feel a big surge in power.

as u can imagine i walked away

had 70k miles ,up at 3800

any input from you guys will be appreciated

cheers

I would walk away from this one. 5th and 6th gear sounds like something bad.

I would stay clear of that one mate! You should be able to get it into all gears straight away, Im in 6th gear within a minute when i set off in a morning. The noise from the passenger side means you have got to spend more money and i think you should be able to find a decent one for that price! As for the clutch i would say thats pretty normal! The brakes do sometimes feel you have to stamp on them, especially after i have driven other cars there seems to be a lot of travel on the brake pedal before they bite, but they do work well when they do bite! The slider pins are deffinatley knackered on the seats aswell mate. I know you can find better. Good look. Glad you like lift tho :thumbsup:

Don't like the sound of that one mate.

Where are you based and how much do you want to spend, theres a green one across the road from me that needs a little work, few scratches and a dink in the back bumper but it has leather interior and going for about £3000.00

Seems decent enough though.

You would probably get them down to been up for sale for a while.

Don't like the sound of that one mate.

Where are you based and how much do you want to spend, theres a green one across the road from me that needs a little work, few scratches and a dink in the back bumper but it has leather interior and going for about £3000.00

Seems decent enough though.

You would probably get them down to been up for sale for a while.

well im in manchester ,cheapest as possible really ,gota be a dealer cus il need some finance goin to it aswel.

as for green , i dont like green cars unless ur talking about focus rs ,lambo gallardo,but there a bit out of my price loool

as for the clutch and brake thing ,it just dont feel rite too me .i was pulling away at like 4.5k rpm lool ,felt like i was learning to drive for the 1s time.

i think i could get used to the brakes,going down to wigan later on ,too drive another one :thumbsup:

WAHOO! WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN :thumbsup:

not quite ,its atherton got to wait for this weather to clear :crybaby:

That previous one sounds like a dog mate, avoid.

FWIW, I bought mine in early Feb for 2300 + my old car. The parkers price for my car was 1200 in good nick, so lets say ~3500.

Its an 02 with 68k on it, TTE bodykit and is *good* condition for its age. Mechanically seems absolutely fine, has the usual CTS issues of squeaky master cylinder, drivers window crunch (what actually is this guys? Need to get it sorted) and drivers side seat pins are shagged. All of these issues and me being very confident and cocky allowed to me to negotiate the deal down from 3995.

Interior is clean, fabric seats show some wear but everything works and is solid. Exterior has a few scratches (which have only got worse now I have it, god I love parking in Bristol) and a ding above the drivers door, which for the life of me I can't work out how has happened!

You should be able to get plenty of PFL CTS for £4k.

Man there is some bad info out there on CTS's.

Shame you need finance, I know of a fast CTS going for private sale.

Man there is some bad info out there on CTS's.

Shame you need finance, I know of a fast CTS going for private sale.

ye i know ,but dont have a choice ,me megane is on the way out

just got back from test driving 1 in atherton (wigan)

its well nice ,dealer wont budge on the price tho,only fault i could find was shagged seat pins ,other than that it was perfect.

now the hunt is on :yahoo: