Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glove Box Lid

johnhrh

hi, Just thought I'd let you no about a Glove Box Lid i got of eBay, never used eBay before but the Seller is a Toyota garage,West Riding Toyota to be exact, I ordered Saturday after asking them a few questions which they answered promptly via email, It arrived about lunch time today, fitted in about 10 mins, all for £27 inc vat and delivery.

The local Toyota Dealer, as most of them do now charge £66-99 fitted inc vat, which I found online when checking round for prices. Most will already have got there own suppliers but thought for those who are thinking of getting one.

regards

johnhrh

I got mine from Arnold Clark for £25.23 including VAT, so delivered to your door for £27.00 is a good price if a dealer is not close to you. Definitely agree that you should not pay a fitted price for this, it only takes a couple of minutes with a stubby philips screwdriver to fit it, anyone could easily fit it themselves.

The glove box is a must have - glad you got it sorted. Hope yours is the newer type!

Hi ihpj, What do you mean the newer type? its the same as the picture at the dealers web site, large handle and support cord to side of lid. Seems strange looking over to left side and seeing a door where open area was, but must admit it is a lot better, should really be fitted as standard. Like this post-81858-127117991457_thumb.jpg

regards

johnhrh

I was thinking about this for my 2005 Aygo Sport+ Is the glovebox lid exactly the same design for older Aygos and newer ones?

How do we tell the newer style glovebox lid? I recall that the earlier versions weren't designed very well?

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks

I was thinking about this for my 2005 Aygo Sport+ Is the glovebox lid exactly the same design for older Aygos and newer ones?

How do we tell the newer style glovebox lid? I recall that the earlier versions weren't designed very well?

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks

The newest version has a slide down handle instead of a pull handle

James

hi, Just thought I'd let you no about a Glove Box Lid i got of eBay, never used eBay before but the Seller is a Toyota garage,West Riding Toyota to be exact, I ordered Saturday after asking them a few questions which they answered promptly via email, It arrived about lunch time today, fitted in about 10 mins, all for £27 inc vat and delivery.

The local Toyota Dealer, as most of them do now charge £66-99 fitted inc vat, which I found online when checking round for prices. Most will already have got there own suppliers but thought for those who are thinking of getting one.

regards

johnhrh

West Riding Toyota all the way!

Particularly the Silsden branch.

I looked at getting one bought and fitted by them and they quoted me £45. So fair bit lower than the £66-99. =/

Hi james, Yes the handle slides down to open, def don't pull, So I must have the newer one mentioned

regards

johnhrh

...the handle slides down to open...

Yup you got the new one which is far better to have. Good choice :)

This all seems a bit silly for a glove box lid. They should of come as standard, surely? £66-99 fitted inc vat is... erm, a little excessive for a bit of plastic and a hinge. ;)

I fitted my 2010 Aygo with the glove box lid the other day, it came with a couple of screws. I managed to push the lid in place without using the screws so I don't really see the use of the screws.

Since I did'nt use them I've concidered selling them on eBay for half the Toyota retail price, 31£ :yes:

Btw, the price for the lid in Stockholm was ~30£

Hi james, Yes the handle slides down to open, def don't pull, So I must have the newer one mentioned

regards

johnhrh

Can you post a picture? I'm intrigued to see what the new one looks like with the slide-down thing? :)

Here is the picture, I posted it with reply above but must have done it wrong, here goes.post-81858-127125456177_thumb.jpg

regards

johnhrh

Here is the picture, I posted it with reply above but must have done it wrong, here goes.post-81858-127125456177_thumb.jpg

regards

johnhrh

My wife bought her newest Aygo in Jan '2009, so its lid is the '58 version in her Platinum, and is hinged, giving no trouble. The 2009 cars have the slide-down catch, but they look just the same. I think Toyota stopped fitting them just because of previous claims for warranty replacements. Her '55 reg car could not be fitted retrospectively with a lid, we were told, -- I would not buy an open-shelf car, even cheap Korean competitors have them. Get wise, Toyota!!, You get a 7-year warranty with a Kia Picanto, or 5-years with a Hyundia i10, but Ford have a very naff 1-year trim warranty that no customers get warned about, and you can't extend the Ford warranty at the end of 3 years, as you can with Toyota, right up to 7 year old. Ford will only let you stretch it to 6 years, if you have presence of mind at the start. But we all know about Ford Warranties and stone-walling. I wish I'd kept my 5 year-old Yaris D-4D, by extending the warranty another 2 years, to the limit.

• 3 months later...

Just been looking at the glove box lids on eBay, but nearly all of them seem to be dark grey. Why is this? Because I'm sure most Aygos, C1s and 107s have a light-grey colour to the bottom-half of the dashboard, which, of course, is where the glove-box is? Forgive me if I appear fussy, but surely the colours need to match?! Not bad prices, but is this just a sudden influx of dark grey glovebox lids on eBay? Or are they all like that? :)

AFAIK there's just one color glovebox lid. Might be the photo's that are not well lit?

AFAIK there's just one color glovebox lid. Might be the photo's that are not well lit?

That's what I thought... but they do still look dark... here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-AYGO-GLOVE-BOX-LID-GENUINE-ACCESSORY-PART-/200494471862?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eae66dab6#ht_500wt_1154

Hi They only do one colour and thats grey. it matches perfectly and is simple to fit. The photo gives the impression that it's very dark but thats not the case.

It's such a cheap addition but changes the look of the dash immeasurably, shame on Toyota for not making it standard, theres cost cutting and penny pinching and thats definately penny pinching!!

Still a cracking little car though

I like my dash being open, less reason for people wanting to break into as as it shows them there is no placo to hide stuff, lol :rolleyes:

Looks dark indeed, but I think that's caused by the texture on the plastic.

If it were smooth it would look to be much brighter.

• 1 month later...

Bought mine from my local toyota dealer for £29. So easy to fit, a monkey could do it.

Can any Aygo be fitted with one of these retrospectively? - We've got a 56 Reg

Thanks

Bought mine from my local toyota dealer for £29. So easy to fit, a monkey could do it.

Can any Aygo be fitted with one of these retrospectively? - We've got a 56 Reg

Thanks

You get the lid plus two plastic 'lugs' & two small screws. the lugs & screws arn't essential as the lid clips into place (i did use the lugs & screws...if a job's worth doing etc.) There is a cord with a 'plug' on the end which goes into an existing hole., this stops the lid falling too far & damaging the clip hinges. All the holes etc are already in place.....simples... :)