Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Position In Rav 4

strathblanelion

:help:

I bought a new Rav 4 a few months back and I had the sat nav. fitted. Upon delivery I found the sat nav box bolted to the floor in the boot.

This is causing untolod problems when I try and use the boot.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A RAV 4 WITH SAT. NAV.?

IF SO CAN YOU ADVISE WHERE YOUR BOX IS LOCATED.

PLEASE HELP

I have been back to my dealer who said thats where it has to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sat nav in my Rav4 and the box is situated under the front passenger seat - not too much problem but you do have to watch passengers at the back when they get out and the front seat is moved forwards, but it was found to be the best place for it - certainly not in the boot, I have a SWB and there is very little room anyway. :thumbsup:

on the rav 4 you can put the sat nav under the drivers front seat even though you have to remove the jack or passenger seat

CAN YOU ADVISE THE YEAR OF YOUR Rav ?

The dealer is giving me a lot of dribble about electrics under the seat etc.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm that the navi ECU should defo be under one of the passenger seat if it is a post 2000 model. Have even seen the official Toyota installaiton manual showing this. I would go back to the dealer and ask him ot show you the installation manual and see if he still insists in putting it in the boot then!

• 2 weeks later...

Thats very interesting - I purchased a new RAV 4 with Sat Nav 12months ago. The dealer was adamant it should be in the boot & not under either of the front seats! I've got to say its a real pain where it is.

Thats very interesting - I purchased a new RAV 4 with Sat Nav 12months ago. The dealer was adamant it should be in the boot & not under either of the front seats! I've got to say its a real pain where it is.