Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearstick Console

eddieinvader

Probably been covered but can anyone please tell me how to remove the console around the gearstick and handbrake, need to adjust the handbrake cable.

Thank you.

Pull the gayter up, it just clips off, and so does the console. the only thing holding it in place IIRC is the wire for the ciggy lighter!

Yeah it's just heald on by the wire.... and the 2 screws at the bottom of the armrest...... and the 2 screws accessed by pulling out the ashtray ;)

Why didn't I type that? lol...

Had it in my head he only wanted to remove the bit around the gearstick. haha.

Though on the FL I don't recall pulling out the ashtray?

Nice one will give it a go.

Why didn't I type that? lol...

Had it in my head he only wanted to remove the bit around the gearstick. haha.

Though on the FL I don't recall pulling out the ashtray?

Definitely something wrong with you this evening ;)

If he only removed the gaiter, I'd say he would struggle to adjust the handbrake! :lol:

Thanks for the help with this guys.

Sorted :thumbsup: only pulling to 6 clicks now not 10.

Thanks to morgie for the photos. I needed to see what was behind that bit under the ashtray.

Only thing now put it all back and the light on the lighter is not working it flickered a bit so I gave the side of the console a tap and it went out and won't come back on, nevermind looks like I will have to go and order a new bulb.

try taking the ashtray back out and check the connection, might just be loose, otherwise a bulb wont/shouldnt be too dear.

mind you cost me €3.50 for each bulb to light up my centre console, somehow they all blew at the same time, and the ones that hadnt blown, did so as i was replacing the ones that did

try taking the ashtray back out and check the connection, might just be loose, otherwise a bulb wont/shouldnt be too dear.

mind you cost me €3.50 for each bulb to light up my centre console, somehow they all blew at the same time, and the ones that hadnt blown, did so as i was replacing the ones that did

I did try that, a few times, tried wiggling it pushing it to make sure it was on all the way, but still nothing.

Never mind not that bothered about that anyway, lighter still works don't smoke but can charge my phone.