Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Gt4

cloanedmk2

right guys i need help im a mechanic however never owning one of these im not really sure....im from the uk but come over to new zealnd last week to live i needed a motor cheap to get around and just bought (today) a gt4 st185 cheapo style drove it back and its smoking a litlle blue smoke which seems to me turbo gone and to be honest its meant to have 205bhp?is that right it feels like its got about 150 ish as there is no pull from the turbo at all....its basically standard apart from a induction kit a exhaust but only backbox by the looks and a dump valve....no what first thing to look at???i have noticed the lambda in the top of the down pipe is in but the wire the other end is broken but its too hot at the mo to look for the other end so if someone had a pic of the other end wwhich wire its connected to that would be great as im sure not having the lambda in wouldnt run very well??also any other help would be good the intercooler pipes look old so i may replace those and the air vcon doesnt seem to work so i may rip it all out???

yeah sounds like the lambda wire causing the issue, its not going to help anyway.

if its a single wire O2 sensor then the other half will come out near the alternator wiring.

this is a two wire one but will give you an idea of where it goes.

gt51.jpg

worth getting a good crimp connection on it.

also the dump valve if its atmospheric can cause the car to over fuel.

if its an air to air intercooler on top of the engine then yes a front mount kit will be beneficial.

nice one buddy mine is a single wire one yeah someone has put a atmospheric dump valve on and blanked off the pipe on the intake tube does it work or not??also ill solder the wire to the lambda properly and hope that works...from sending the last message ive found out the inlet tube into the throttle body housing which attatches to the intercooler at the top has a huge hole in it so ill have to replace that so hopefully that will be my running faults.also another question looking at the top right hand side of the engine bay all my vacuum hoses go into a sort of valve with a screw on it there are 3 vacuum hoses going into it now if its a bleed valve its like no other ive seen before it seems to adjust the idle when i turn it though.....any ideas?

sounds like a manual boost controller maybe? blue smoke isnt good though.

ive had a play with the boost controller but doesnt seem to do anything then after all that and a rad flush etc i put everything back together to find that theres a huuuge crack in the intercooler which is kicking out smoke and oil etc thats the problem guys..no boost either really so hopefully with it repaired it will be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

the valve with the 3 hoses is your idle control for the air con mate. hope you can get an intercooler cheap

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links