Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D 60,000 Mile Service

Rav City

My 2005 D4D is due for its 60,000 service and I need to have a shop around as I have a feeling its going to be expensive.

Can anyone give me a guide what needs to be done and what will be the most expesive item, timing belt?

Many thanks for your help

• Like 1

It is a biggy. Can't give you prices but you are looking at full service including transmission oil change, timing belt, brake fluid, cabin and engine air filters, fuel filter???

I seem to remember prices of £600 being banded around. I will be doing a timing belt in the next couple of weeks so will try to photograph it all. You could save about £500 if you do it yourself.

• Like 1

I had mine done last year at a Mr T, it was about £480 inc timing belt with the latter being around half of the total. It covers all the main fluids and filters but not the fuel filter (I didn't change the cabin filter either). Personally I think it was good price and while I don't mind doing my own oil and filters I think doing my own timing belt is a project for when I retire, although I think I may be using horsepower by then given the way fuel prices are going. No doubt the next major price hikes will be June July after the election is out of the way ;)

• Like 1

According to my service book on D4D engines the fuel filter needs to be replaced every 6 years/40000 miles so it may not need to be done. The problem I have I always have had it serviced at my local Toyota dealer but I cant afford to do it this time. So I am using an independent man who services my other car and is much cheaper but I want to make sure he covers all what is needed.

This is my list so far

Engine oil/filter R

Engine coolant R

Transfer and rear diff oil R

Timing belt R

Airfilter R

Fuel filter ?

Above are just the replacements

and gearbox on a 4.2. If the fuel filter wasn't done or you have no record that can be done and then there's that timing belt and brake fluid.

I misread the title of this thread - I thought it said DAD 60,000 mile service and was wondering where I could get one . . . . :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links