Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Side Indicator/repeater Lenses

rencar12

Following a repair to my car, I've noticed that one of the clear side indicator lenses needs cleaning inside and is misted.

I thought that the handbook would cover how to remove the side indicator lenses to get at the bulbs in case they fail. It says in the handbook to 'consult your Toyota dealer to avoid damage'. Does anyone know how to remove the side repeater lens without causing any damage?

It does moves slightly left and right but I wonder if you need to use something sharp edged to lever it off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for this link - helpful.

I did find however that you cannot simply pull the Aygo side indicators out, you need to use a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth (to prevent scratching the paintwork) at one end and ease the unit out.

When I eventually got it out, I found that the bulb didn't appear to be working and you can't seem to just replace the orange bulb on its own. In trying to lever the other side indicator out to test it, I broke the lens! So now I needed two new side indicators.

Anyway, get this - I noticed that on the actual side indicator unit was printed both Citroen and Peugeot logos as they're obviously the same parts used on the C1 and 107. I rang Toyota to find out how much a replacement unit is from their parts dept - £12.50 or thereabouts each. Said I'd think about it! Rang Citroen - £4.86 each including VAT. Of course ordered them from Citroen at 2.30pm and picked them up the following morning. Exactly the same part!

This sort of mark up on parts is a disgrace. I guess most owners would simply go with Toyota for Toyota parts, but some useful advice - always speak to Citroen or Peugeot to get their pricing! It seems to pay to shop around.

• Like 1

I did find however that you cannot simply pull the Aygo side indicators out, you need to use a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth (to prevent scratching the paintwork) at one end and ease the unit out.

When I eventually got it out, I found that the bulb didn't appear to be working and you can't seem to just replace the orange bulb on its own. In trying to lever the other side indicator out to test it, I broke the lens! So now I needed two new side indicators.

Anyway, get this - I noticed that on the actual side indicator unit was printed both Citroen and Peugeot logos as they're obviously the same parts used on the C1 and 107. I rang Toyota to find out how much a replacement unit is from their parts dept - £12.50 or thereabouts each. Said I'd think about it! Rang Citroen - £4.86 each including VAT. Of course ordered them from Citroen at 2.30pm and picked them up the following morning. Exactly the same part!

This sort of mark up on parts is a disgrace. I guess most owners would simply go with Toyota for Toyota parts, but some useful advice - always speak to Citroen or Peugeot to get their pricing! It seems to pay to shop around.

Surely your not suggesting that Mr T. would rip us off.... laugh.gif

• 8 years later...
On 4/17/2010 at 10:46 AM, rencar12 said:

Thanks for this info. Went to Peugeot citron for mine, £5.60 (quoted £21.59 from Toyota dealer and that's just for the part). Thanks again, B.

• Like 1

I replaced mine with some aftermarket ones...road legal but tinted black...look much better and led...

Replaced them like you since i broke both sides trying to remove them...hard work.

Sadly the bulbs on the original arent changeable...the whole unit has to be replaced...i was shocked to discover that at the time!

On 2/13/2019 at 9:25 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

I replaced mine with some aftermarket ones...road legal but tinted black...look much better and led...

Replaced them like you since i broke both sides trying to remove them...hard work.

Sadly the bulbs on the original arent changeable...the whole unit has to be replaced...i was shocked to discover that at the time!

where did you get the black tinited ones from ,think they would lok better on my orange and black one   rather than the clear

29 minutes ago, silky1873 said:

where did you get the black tinited ones from ,think they would lok better on my orange and black one   rather than the clear

Hi there

For the hell of me i cant remember...im almost certain it was eBay...

Ill have a look at my account later...see if i can find them...

They look much smarter than the originals in my opinion. Had an mot yesterday and he didnt comment...im almost certain theyre road legal too...car passed tho...hooray...1 advisory...reverse light inoperative...damn...cant believe i missed that...came home...changed bulb over...job done!

• Like 1