Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2001 D4D

ezeras

Hello. I have Corolla 2001 D4d. Then i started the engine from exhaust is coming a white smoke, but then the engine reach a normal temperature, the white smoke disappear. What is wrong with my car?

Thank you

Maybe try some Forte Diesel system cleaner? Don't bother with Redex or any of the other stuff, as my mechanic says you can brush your teeth with anything other than Forte and you'll be fine hehe (but please DO NOT brush your teeth with anything other than toothpaste!)

Something is leaking somewhere into the engine then. Maybe coolant, maybe oil which produces the white smoke when it burns? Coolant levels may take a bit of time to reduce to a noticeable level. Keep an eye on them regularly, have you spoke to any mechanics? What did they say?

Something is leaking somewhere into the engine then. Maybe coolant, maybe oil which produces the white smoke when it burns? Coolant levels may take a bit of time to reduce to a noticeable level. Keep an eye on them regularly, have you spoke to any mechanics? What did they say?

Mechanics say that they don't know whats wrong, becouse smoke are only on cold car.

If it will be everytime that could be a coolant leaking, but now...

hi i had this problem and it was water in the diesel i drained fuel filter e.c.t. and it was ok after that.

hi i had this problem and it was water in the diesel i drained fuel filter e.c.t. and it was ok after that.

It's a good idea. I drained fuel filter today 3 times, but nothing.

Is the smoke really thick and white or not so thick and white? When I start mine from cold I too get white smoke for a few minutes but then it disappears, it has always been like this and I don't think anything in particular is wrong with the car. Possibly the quality of the fuel you are using but that's about it if it is the same as mine

From your video it's difficult to say if it's the same white smoke I get or if it's something more sinister. If you've tried everything we've suggested and mechanic can't find a fault then I'm all out of ideas.

Maybe it's a case of "if it aint broke dont fix it" in the sense that if the white smoke isnt causing you any bother then leave it be?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links