Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bli!tz

illgryphon

massive filter surface............. lets put a shroud on it and make allllllllllllll that air come through am 80/90 mm opening.... i dont get it. lol

I have to agree with that. I can only think of it as an increase in "bling factor" :lol:

I prefer the look of open filters too anyway. :yes:

its ok, im awaiting a bashing saying 'its to stop heat soak'. but im prettttty sure aluminium is easier to heat up than fabric. and the position of the opening does fire straight towards the inner wing/fuse box, so air flow isnt exactly monstrously good.

have to agree ricc. Can't help but look at it and think its meant to be used as a closed kit, with a direct air feed attached to the front.

• 4 weeks later...

^^maf location doesnt look to good.

i want to fit the blitz sus to my trd cai but with them using an adaptor as opposed to a rubber neck and clamp to secure the filter its gonna be nearly £200! the sonic is what i would use if i used a hot air intake - but i would have the filter located in a better position to take full advantage of its design.

no vids - come on we want to hear..........

That filter is huge. More air though so can't be bad! :D

Looks great.

I think this gets more warm air from the engine.

^^ as opposed to less warm air ;) all hot air intakes draw hot air - dont understand why people dont get cold air intakes and do it right?

^^ as opposed to less warm air ;) all hot air intakes draw hot air - dont understand why people dont get cold air intakes and do it right?

Because in the British climate a CAI can suck up water through the system and get into the cylinders. As you know, water is incompressible (except under many atmospheres of pressure)and what that gives you is very cold air and very bent pistons and a hole in your crank case.

I'll go for the risk of heat soak I think...

^^ you clearly dont know what your talking about, and i think most people know water isnt compressable being we arent teeny boppers. i've driven mine in all weathers - i would need to drive through a 3 foot deep puddle with the throttle open to even risk drawing any water. its a matter of common sense - our weather is very dry compared to most places were cai's are used on the 2zz. if you prefer noise over performance gains then fair play ;)

^^ you clearly dont know what your talking about, and i think most people know water isnt compressable being we arent teeny boppers. i've driven mine in all weathers - i would need to drive through a 3 foot deep puddle with the throttle open to even risk drawing any water. its a matter of common sense - our weather is very dry compared to most places were cai's are used on the 2zz. if you prefer noise over performance gains then fair play ;)

No, the weather isn't all that great. The point remains that water knackers your engine. I do happen to know what I am talking about seeing as I am correct about the way that water cannot be compressed and I have been told many times that that is a possible disadvantage of CAI systems. Granted, water cannot be compressed under any pressure, I was wrong about that, the molecular shape/structure doesn't permit it.

On an every day car that isn't driven at high speeds all the time, the performance gains from CAI against SRI are negligible and so it isn't a factor that I personally consider with these cars. I do not see these potential gains as worth the risk of ruining a perfectly good engine. ;)

And if you aren't a teeny bopper, why is it you are the one resorting to insults when I gave you valid information.

You seem to have become very bitter towards me since I announced my distaste of your racism.

Let's keep this civil chaps....

Or this threads gone....

toaster.jpg

No, the weather isn't all that great. The point remains that water knackers your engine. I do happen to know what I am talking about seeing as I am correct about the way that water cannot be compressed and I have been told many times that that is a possible disadvantage of CAI systems. Granted, water cannot be compressed under any pressure, I was wrong about that, the molecular shape/structure doesn't permit it.

On an every day car that isn't driven at high speeds all the time, the performance gains from CAI against SRI are negligible and so it isn't a factor that I personally consider with these cars. I do not see these potential gains as worth the risk of ruining a perfectly good engine. ;)

And if you aren't a teeny bopper, why is it you are the one resorting to insults when I gave you valid information.

the exact opposite applies when driving at speed - heatsoak is much less of an issue. so you can enjoy the benefits of a cai much more than a hai. do you think a man that spent £10k on a car would risk his engine for a few whp? to give you an example - if i sit my GXi and T Sport side by side the airbox on my GXi sits at the same height as the filter cone on my cai on the t sport ;) like i said - you dont know. its crap like that that stops people making an informed choice - why do all the type r tuners sell aem cai's in the UK and they use them? i have driven in flood conditions and the backs of my ears arent wet ;)

grant people some intelligence :eek:

Proper type r tuners sell gruppe m inductions wink.gif

Honda-Civic-EP3-GruppeM.jpg

I still don't get why they have that box me being stupid or what ha explain for me please why is the air getting taken from the back??

Proper type r tuners sell gruppe m inductions wink.gif

I still don't get why they have that box me being stupid or what ha explain for me please why is the air getting taken from the back??

If you look the filter is enclosed in the carbon airbox with a duct built in going from the upper bonnet area. Air is directed from the outside straight into the intake.

I quote:

warm air causes the fuel mixture in the car to drop, thereby lessening how much fuel is used and increasing mileage

Illgryphon the piping looks well i havent yet got down to doing my one as still waiting on others things to be done.

yeah i can see its being taken from the back and i guess thats properly better seeing as there will be no crap shot into the air intake and being a closed box its a very good thing!!

closed vs open haha eternal debate of many many forums.

ae102, ive killed a car with a cai, so excuse me while i outweigh your marginal benefit with longevity and peace of mind :) for every day round the doors driving a sinple induction kit with an sri is the way forward, for out and out performance then its a cai all day long. but i certainly dont want the sinking feeling ive had before when an engine hydralocks :)

Generally CAI's can come in many forms with sheilded(i.e an airbox)as shown in the ctr picie aboveor with the filter being positioned in a cold part of the engine bay, even in the front bumber in some applications. I have found in the past that while top end power can be greater with CAI the more convoluted routing on the intake pipe can lead to reduced response. A short ram intake on the other hand normally makes the motor more responsive.

Just my 2 cents worth :D

What have you guys found works best with the 2zz?

Thanks for all of you who have posted positive remarks, I do know Dawesy has suffered from the CAI like yourself ricc. Anyhoo on the bright side it sounds the absolute muts! Wonder is anyone on here actually has one of the Biltz Sonic kits, and how they sound in comparison? Will get a sound clip up at some point i think...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links