Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy Exhaust

AYGO EA

Hi all,

A while back my exhaust began rattling from the backbox - not terribly loud but enough to be annoying. So went over to see Mr. T. and don't you just know it the darn thing wouldn't rattle at all while I was there. :rolleyes: Anyway I booked it in for a week or so later and of course not a rattle for days. . .zilch. . . began to think I was going mad. :wacko:

2 days ago the dreaded rattle raised its ugly head again and Mr. T. got it this time. Long and short is they replaced the backbox under warranty, gave me copious amounts of coffee and a complimentary car-wash.

So have to say well done Toyota at Kings Lynn, I was very pleased with the service.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Car had only covered 5000ish fairly gentle miles.

Cheers.

It's good to see a review praising the service ethic of one Mr T's minions thumbsup.gif

I own a C1 and the rear silencer fell apart inside at about 35,000 miles, after a bit of hassle from the dealer they replaced it. It was a weld that had broken.

I had the same with my - then - 2 year old Aygo that had only done 10.000 km. The rear muffler was still airtight, but there were some loose welds inside it.

My theory is that the problem is related to the fact that the car only did short trips before I bought it (in fact, a daily 2 x 1.5 mile journey!). The exhaust fumes weren't able to heat the muffler to a high enough temperature, allowing water from the exhaust fumes to condensate inside it rather than evaporate. As a result, water would be always present in the muffler, leading it to rust through its internal welds.

In any case, mine was also replaced under warranty. I drive on average 40 miles a day, so I don't expect to encounter the problem again. If I do, I do not intend to replace the muffler before it's no longer airtight. I'll accept the extra noise ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Toyota in a couple of months ago to have brake pads and discs changed. On the way home after the work noticed a rattling noise coming from rear of the car. Went back to Toyota fuming, thinking they had done something. But turned out my car had perfect timing... the exhaust AND the silencer both busted. Aygo had done 32,000 miles. Toyota took it in for 'two days' (turned into five) and gave me a Yaris free of charge for that time.

Was very happy with the work and the way they handled things. Only problem was.. didn't want to give the Yaris back lol.

must be a typical aygo problem! when i bought my 1st aygo it started around 10k mls they replaced it, stating that i hadnt driven it enuff lol (all under warranty) and it happened agen afta anotha 15k mls, and they replaced it agen under warranty. now with my 2nd aygo i have jus reached 11k mls and can hear the ***** starting up agen! will take it to Mr T sometime before warranty runs out before it annoys me lol

I am also on my second Aygo and have had both rear boxes changed on both due to faulty baffles.

RRG bolton tell me that this is a known issue and will be replaced free of charge.

Update need another back box yep its gone again. must be the poorest quality boxes ever made.

• 2 weeks later...

When the aygo was at 10k the exhaust was replaced under warranty..... now at 50k its happened again... think al go for a custom exhasut this time.

:crybaby: Hello i had mine 20 minutes drove out of dealership and then the same as above the exhaust went,,,,and the clutch was burning returned it,,,was offered a full refund or choice of another car, i have ended up with a yaris,,well will do next week, i was really put off by this incident however the dealership was brilliant giving me alternatives,