Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flip Up Lid Not Closing

Arthur-FEC

Good morning everyone, I have just brought 1.8 VVT -i T3 and the lid of the centre storage ( the one right next to the handbrake, not the larger one behined the handbrake) does not stay closed, it aways flips up. I know this is a very small issue, but, it is bugging me on otherwise is a good car buy.

Any ideas how I can fix it. I am sure it will be something easy!!!!

Thanks

A

Good morning everyone, I have just brought 1.8 VVT -i T3 and the lid of the centre storage ( the one right next to the handbrake, not the larger one behined the handbrake) does not stay closed, it aways flips up. I know this is a very small issue, but, it is bugging me on otherwise is a good car buy.

Thanks

A

Had my previous Avensis (2006 model) fixed under warranty, Arthur, as this was an acknowledged design fault. Don't know if said fix is now TTB (Toyota Time-Barred....made that up myself.....)but always worth asking.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Thanks

A

Had my previous Avensis (2006 model) fixed under warranty, Arthur, as this was an acknowledged design fault. Don't know if said fix is now TTB (Toyota Time-Barred....made that up myself.....)but always worth asking.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

you can open up the console and fix this yourself you'll need a phillips screwdriver and open the main unit to see the closing mechanism. It probably needs a new pin so that it catches the lock, pm me if you need more help

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I have exactly the same problem with the same model car, although it's a '53 plate. Can someone tell me how to open the central console to access this? I've un-done the bolts in the bottom CD-holder and popped the small cover between the cd-holder and the hand brake cover, but don't see anything else obvious, I can get hold of a nylon lift tool, but don't want to prod around blind.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi if you go to Mr T it will cost almost £135 for a new one

I have the same problem but mine is a 2005 T-Spirit. When I bought the car the lid stayed open and wouldn't close. I took the little mechanism off at on closer inspections the little plastic pin has broken so I need a new mechanism. Mr T cost around £135 because they sell the entire unit and cannot give just the mechanism so I need one as well. So the only thing to do is go to a scrap yard but you don't find many Avensis lying around.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links