Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Strutbrace

ben0

hi still a little new to the forum,

just wonted to no if any one has fitted a t sport strutbrace to a preface lift corolla t sport, i have just got one from eBay for a good price but it dont seem to fit correct around the brake pipes has any one had to mod thers to fit.

Did you get a facelift strut brace??

If so i think other members have had to bend the brake pipes out of the way...

Am not too sure on this myself tho so i'd wait for some other replies before doing anything! :lol:

yer i think it was off a face lift, was thinkin about bendin the pipe but as u have just said think i need to wait for some other replies. thanks for the replie anyway.

As far as I can tell roughly 90% of the Strutbraces purchased for the PreFL's won't fit nless the brake lines are bent slightly.

As the ones on the FL are moved out the way ready for the Strutbrace. The pipes are apparently reasonbly easy to bend.

Few! Now if it goes wrong you can blame Key :P :lol:

as Key has said, the brake lines on the pfl point north right next to the mount point for the strut brace whereas the facelift brake lines were altered to accommodate the strut brace. When I got my cusco strut, I ended up folding a towel over the top brake line and applying string, but steady pressure for short periods on it until it had finally moved far enough down to fit the brace. I wouldn't suggest hitting it with a hammer or anything and as long as you are patient, you can shift if low enough to fit without interference.

I know some people on here have gone as far as buying some facelift brake lines and replacing the pfl ones so they have the required space, but that is needless money imo. :)

ok thanks very much for getting bak to me about it guys will try an do a slight mod to the pipe need to be done dont it haha. will let u no how i get on with tomorrow..