Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hey Peeps I Need Help

cksmith

I had my car jacked up the other day and it fell off the jack and the front driverside disc seemed to absorb the impact. I then noticed whilst braking after a few minuites of driving this rubbing noise that sounds like a train slowing down or something was happening so i thought naturally oh the disc must be bent from the impact so i replaced that today but still get the same noise. i tried locating the noise and it sounds more passenger side rather then drivers side then also i have noticed that the brake caliper gets loads hotter on the passenger side then on the driver side. Im going away in june and need my car to be motorway fit for then but cant afford a mechanic so trying to fix the car back to its former glory myself. Oh i drive a generation 6 celica gt if that helps i hope some one can make sense of this thanks for your time

Sounds like the Caliper is seized.

Yep X2.

It must be seized if its getting very hot quickly. You may have to buy another unless there is a way to fix it yourself...

hey thanks for the replys my mate reckond the same thing as well so il buy a caliper of eBay or europart or something thanks for your help guys

hey thanks for the replys my mate reckond the same thing as well so il buy a caliper of ebay or europart or something thanks for your help guys

No probelem, find out when the calliper was last used though, I remember something about the cylinder needing a little persuasion to work if the calliper hasn't been used for a while...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links