Do Not Sell My Personal Information

buying a sera

katy

i am in Australia and thinking very seriously of buying a sera. unfortunatly i can only find automatics and would prefer a manual. does anyone know of approximate costs to convert to manual? i am already thinking of putting a starlet turbo in (after a few years when it wont make insurance insanly expensive) so would it be cheaper to put up with the auto until then? also, has anyone had any problems that seem to be specific to seras? or advantages?

Firstly, there's a Sera contingent in the import section of this site.

You can visit www.toyotasera.co.uk for information and some useful email adresses such as the Toyota Sera Registry (which my husband runs) and a yahoo group (that he also runs).

HTH

Em

Hello Katy, This year Andrew Cliffe (the afore-mentioned husband of grottybags) will be making and documenting his transplant of a Starlet turbo engine into his Sera and changing from auto to manual too.

I've not had any problems with my Sera and can't think of any reason why you shouldn't get one! :D

Hahaha .. you need to crack the whip Emma!

Hello :D

Yes I am doing a Startlet Turbo engine swap, and also doing a Auto - Manual conversion at the same time.

It is being done as a demonstrator, I am providing Sera, and labour.

There are about 200+ Sera owners on the Sera yahoo group, which can be found by going to www.toyotasera.co.uk

Automatics aren't bad, it depends what your're used to.

I prefer a manual, but I do more open road driving than city driving.

If you can find a manual, it is easier than converting as the Sera has a hydraulic clutch.

If you plan to do the Starlet turbo engine swap, then this is the ideal time to do the gearbox swap at the same time...

Just a thought Toyotasera but I've seen a Starlet turbo with a six speed box out of a Corrola G6 fitted to it, you'll have to make sure you get the gearbox from the G6 with the 1.3 4EFE engine and not the G6R with the 1.6 4AFE engine because the 4AFE gearbox won’t fit.

I can't see there being many Starlet turbo powered Seras with a six speed box about.:D

I want to put one on mine but they are quite hard to find.

What're your engine bays like? There isn't much room in the Starlet and it’s meant to be a tight fit getting the 6speed box in.