Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Cruise Control

followthewhiterabbit

HI all, Im new here and will be getting my new Avensis in a few weeks, Im afriad its only the Terra model (2010 Reg) Is there any way I can get cruise control fitted to this ??

Many Thanks

You can add cruise control to allot of cars now although if your buying a new car its only couple hundred to have it as an extra. It would be about £500 to add it and personally its not as good as a factory fitted system.

Hope this helps, I am sorry but cant comment on the "toyota cruise control" fitted but the information is from general add ons that you can buy and fit yourself or have it fitted.

To followthewhiterabbit.

You could try Parts-King for info, partsman with official Toyota dealer in England. He may be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards, Beagh.

HI all, Im new here and will be getting my new Avensis in a few weeks, Im afriad its only the Terra model (2010 Reg) Is there any way I can get cruise control fitted to this ??

Many Thanks

Hello mate I seem to recall from somewhere, possibly on this forum that it would be very difficult or impossible to retro-fit cruise control to the 2009/2010 model. Ask the dealer if you can have it fitted before delivery.

Regards Pete.

Hi,

Google for "Goldcruise".

Works perfectly in my T27-2010 petrol.

It consists of a Control unit (AP800), a small car model specific ECU interface box and a Control module on the steering column (CM25).

Plus some hardware and switches on the brake and clutch pedal.

I ordered it before the car was delivered and it was ~ € 400,- incl. installation.

The only thing I could wish for is to see the set speed on the instrument panel, but I don't know if the original Toyota cruise control does that.

Hi,

Google for "Goldcruise".

Works perfectly in my T27-2010 petrol.

It consists of a Control unit (AP800), a small car model specific ECU interface box and a Control module on the steering column (CM25).

Plus some hardware and switches on the brake and clutch pedal.

I ordered it before the car was delivered and it was ~ € 400,- incl. installation.

The only thing I could wish for is to see the set speed on the instrument panel, but I don't know if the original Toyota cruise control does that.

Original Toyota Cruise is cheaper and faster to install...

...cheaper and faster to install...

Not in NL.

Faster, in the factory, yes.

It's standard on the higher trim levels, which are different compared to the UK, and not orderable on the lower trims.

Because of the tax regime over here, "standard" cruise control would be very expensive. :wacko: