Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tte Paint Job - Is This Really The Right Color?

CilentCipha

Hey guys,

I bought a TTE front bumper last year and installed it yesterday because I didn't found the time earlier. I bought the bumper straight off TTE Germany. The bill says color is 1C0, just like my car.

But take a look on the picture. The bumper looks like a totally different color. What about you guys? Did your paint job match the car's color???

I'll bringt the car to a garage tomorrow ask them to paint it again.

post-92213-127160183232_thumb.jpg

looks okay to me, difficult to tell from photographs though.

wow, how many solar panels in the background!

looks fine in the pic as said above lad but mine is slightly off, and pics iav seen of others on the net do be off aswell.

i think it might be the way the paint reacts to the plastic bumper.

my bumper was sprayed with the same tin of paint as half my car but the rest is a perfect match, just the bumper a shade off

I know it's hard to tell on pictures, I added another where you can see difference a little bit better.

The original bumper matches a lot better...

post-92213-127160560627_thumb.jpg

it looks like the car paint has faded slightly, that is unavoidable.

I was try T-cutting the car paint and see if it matches the bumper.

Ok, so it seems I have to live with it as is. Hopefully the bumper color fades also quickly :D

as i said my tte bumper was painted from the same tin of paint as my bonnet and boot and they turned out a perfect match, i defo recon its the bumper, mine is a shade off and iav seen others the same, and no afraid not, the plastic will hold it colour alot longer than the bodywork :huh:

so what else have you done anyway ?

just started changing parts. My TTE Compressor rims will come back from powder coating this week. new color is matte black. I will lower it to 45mm and I just bought an typhoon air filter. Maybe I'm goint to spray the hood to black and get some black mirrors to bring some contrast into the cars look. I loved the silver when I bought it, but now it's just too boring.

oh sorry, didnt see it was a comp. very nice, yea something different will look well, wouldnt go too mad though.

its like a gti, i dont think anything/much should be done to them

its ok for me with my wee 1.4, but the black bits sounds class lad, best of luck, get up some pics of the car when you get the work done :thumbsup:

Thanks, I will post pics as soon as I can get rid of the 15" winter tires ;)

looks fine in the pic as said above lad but mine is slightly off, and pics iav seen of others on the net do be off aswell.

my bumper was sprayed with the same tin of paint as half my car but the rest is a perfect match, just the bumper a shade off

Got to agree with this mine is the same and all the ones I have seen have been the same, my fiesta was the same, it is as stated paint over plastic I am yet to see one that comes out the same colour.

Got to agree with this mine is the same and all the ones I have seen have been the same, my fiesta was the same, it is as stated paint over plastic I am yet to see one that comes out the same colour.

have a look at this thenpost-44294-127162359828_thumb.jpg

Looks really good to me, but I guess silver is much harder to match than a darker color.

But you should have paint your water tank. The white plastik looks not too good ;)

Yeah! The bumpers do look a slightly different colour.

I reckon it looks perfect but pictures never live up to what it looks like in the flesh.

As mentioned, painting on different materials produces different shades from the paint. And one pot of paint is never the same as the original.

only way to get rid is get a new paint job! thinking pink ha

its been done :P

i think as said its handier to match in darker colours, we just have to keep going lad and get over it iam afraid :(

i was the same when i got mine done, which was only 6 weeks ago ;)

front is spot on original rear is'nt,i'm not colour blind! :lol:

post-44294-127170536085_thumb.jpgpost-44294-127170539915_thumb.jpg

front is spot on original rear is'nt,i'm not colour blind! :lol:

Im having a respray done on my car atm, So the front bumper should be a exact match to the rest of the body,

Usually the reason for the slight difference on colour is because of the material of the front bumper being plastic and because fresh paint and laquer will make the part look more fresh compared to the rest of the body, Usually when you give your paint code to the dealer they use the colour which was selected from factory, If you went to paint match at a paint store they would use your paint code and have variants in + and - to what matches best. Even then it is very difficult to get the perfect match.

Hopefully the car comes back this week from the progress of the respray the match is now bang on with the rest of the body because of the panels being redone all over.

Maybe look into a proffesional detail and paint correction, a detailer could possibly use a range of products to bring the paint levels on panels to a better match thumbsup.gif

Im having a respray done on my car atm, So the front bumper should be a exact match to the rest of the body,

Usually the reason for the slight difference on colour is because of the material of the front bumper being plastic and because fresh paint and laquer will make the part look more fresh compared to the rest of the body, Usually when you give your paint code to the dealer they use the colour which was selected from factory, If you went to paint match at a paint store they would use your paint code and have variants in + and - to what matches best. Even then it is very difficult to get the perfect match.

Hopefully the car comes back this week from the progress of the respray the match is now bang on with the rest of the body because of the panels being redone all over.

Maybe look into a proffesional detail and paint correction, a detailer could possibly use a range of products to bring the paint levels on panels to a better match thumbsup.gif

the guy that done mine is a first class painter and i can assure you the paint match is spot on as he mixes his own colour to match,the original rear is not perfect but will be in a couple of weeks when he puts his colour onto it,and he does'nt charge the earth :yahoo:

the guy that done mine is a first class painter and i can assure you the paint match is spot on as he mixes his own colour to match,the original rear is not perfect but will be in a couple of weeks when he puts his colour onto it,and he does'nt charge the earth yahoo.gif

Your pretty lucky then but your car is fairly new still, nearly every tte bumper i have seen has had a slight difference to the actual body of the car, The paint on the chassis is older more likely to fade down slightly because of weather and being older, a freshly painted bumper even with a very good colour match may have a slight difference thats probably why the OP is noticing it more. thumbsup.gif

the op's is silver and i have been told that's the hardest colour to match but saying that this guy painted a rear quater panel on my brothers silver 52 plate astra and you can't tell it was painted,lucky i know this guy through the garage and get a good price,hope your paint job's 100%. :thumbsup:

the op's is silver and i have been told that's the hardest colour to match but saying that this guy painted a rear quater panel on my brothers silver 52 plate astra and you can't tell it was painted,lucky i know this guy through the garage and get a good price,hope your paint job's 100%. thumbsup.gif

yep i defo see where your coming from, William and shauns front bumpers were grey and they were a very nice match. My previous corolla was the same colour as the OP and i had the tte front lip colour matched and sprayed but there was a slight difference. The silver is more like a champagne silver so it is very difficult.

Even on black its hard as black paint especially japanese paints being very soft tend to lose there shine, The paint job is going very well atm my rear lip should go on and some little scratches and annoying niggles should all be sorted. Keeping it black, I just noticed on your front bumper your missing the mesh near the fogs did TTE not send you the mesh in the kit?

Also your tte Badge on the front on the bottom is tiny, I saw a few TTE bumpers with toyota motorsport badges instead of tte, i so badly wanted toyota motorsport gel stickers instead :(

they sent me the same wee TTE Badge as tccom has on his, man was i not impressed, cant wait for a reply from my email biggrin.gif

they are going to hate me, took me near 20 minutes just to read back over it thumbsup.gifbiggrin.gifyahoo.giftongue.gifohmy.gifyes.gif

Edited by Norfolk n Chance
Please do not try and circumvent the swear filter