Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealers

RNS

hello all

about to buy a toyota soon is there any sites where i can read up about dealers and so on... i would like to keep using the main dealer i get the car from to maintain it as well u see.

Thank

Ryan

Hi dude and welcome to TOC.

Sadly I have to say that a majority of Toyota dealers know nothing about the car and what parts to order. This shouldn't deter you however, from buying a Toyota. The cars are great. ;) Just the dealerships have been found to be quite incompetant sometimes.

There are some great dealers, but the majority are sh!te.

I didn't want to lie, although I hope this doesn't put you off buying a Toyota! :D

KP

Sadly I have to say that a majority of Toyota dealers know nothing about the car and what parts to order. This shouldn't deter you however, from buying a Toyota. The cars are great. ;) Just the dealerships have been found to be quite incompetant sometimes.

I didn't want to lie, although I hope this doesn't put you off buying a Toyota! :D

KP

Ryan,

KP is a child, he doesn’t drive, hasn’t got a full licence and is still at school, never bought a car from a Toyota dealer... so be wary who you listen to :thumbsup:

• Like 1

KP

Ryan,

KP is a child, he doesn’t drive, hasn’t got a full licence and is still at school, never bought a car from a Toyota dealer... so be wary who you listen to :thumbsup:

And I am talking from what I have heard around here from members complaining. (If you want to really know then go to the dealer yourself is the best bet).

Reece, you seem to speak of me as if you are a higher being. Not a cool move and pretty crap behaviour trying to belittle me and what I say due to age.

Sometimes I don't understand you...

• Like 1

I have found Toyota dealers excellent and very helpful. Recently I needed a spare which was not in stock, 2 days later it was in and fitted. My son has a Prius and uses a different dealer than me he has no complaints either.

Toyota cars are the best cars I have owned and the dealers are much better than the dealers I have encountered for other models.

The problem with a forum is you will attract comments from people most likely to have had a poor experience, it's the nature of forums! The vast majority of customers get along perfectly well with their dealer, sure, some people working in dealers are better than others, just like the local garage, electrician, plumber (substitute for any trade you like)

Go to your local dealers and speak with them, try and build up a rapport with somebody and discuss what your needs are, that way you can decide which dealer is best for you and not base your experience on some second hand information that is irellevent to you!

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

And I would say my local dealer, Vantage Toyota Knaresborough, are absolutely fanstastic! They are how a main dealer should be. In fact one of the reasons I went to look at Toyotas was the good reports I'd heard about them. After a particularly miserable experience at the local Ford dealers when I was looking at purchasing a car, I went to the Toyota garage and was so impressed by them and their service that I ended up buying the Prius. :yahoo:

don't get me started about FORD i do own a C max aint seen it for 16/17 month..... was being repair i got fed up waiting... for it so... got legal lot in now... that was a ford main dealer.

well Mansfield Toyota is my local one but..... they never phoned back with answer it my question, and did seem to know much about prius... i questioned more... turns out only sold few...

but then... as things with Mansfield council went off. i chose a different dealer in Worksop.... near to the other council testing station.... there alot better infact there ACE really nice think its family run or something...

anyways any of u lot had gone for "LED Technology Pack" what do you actual get ?

Hi most dealers are what you make them if you go in there with no idea you will come out with even less

research is the key do the foot work and don't let them run the show. that said most dealers want you as a customer

so you are the boss

well Mansfield Toyota is my local one but..... they never phoned back with answer it my question, and did seem to know much about prius... i questioned more... turns out only sold few...

And that sort of service is why they have only sold a few. If they took a little more interest in their products you might have bought one from them and then once you were up and running as a taxi people would see what a great car it is and would pop along to their local dealer to buy one too.

Their loss.

yer

u sayin that about the nice car the dealer does to well.

in the past i had 3 top of the range skodas as my taxi and coz of me i know for a fact my local skoda garage sold 4/5 coz of me.... funny when the passager jumps in and says "GUESS WHAT I AM GETTING"

and all coz of me... i miss my red skoda :( dam drunken drivers

But you'll love the Prius. I get customers ask for me especially, because of the Prius. I get loads of people comment on how comfortable and quiet it is.

Also, I think I've read somewhere that 15% of New York taxi's are now Prius. If it's good enough for them then I'm sure it'll be able to hack the streets of Harrogate or Mansfield. :thumbsup:

u ever been to manfield.....

its a odd backward place.....

alot of people still go on about some coal mines any one remember them lol ;)

Maybe a Vauxhall Kadett or a nice Austin Allegro in orange would do better yahoo.gifBet the voice recognition wouldn't work either biggrin.giftongue.gif

Servicing at dealers could be hit and miss.

In my experience a dealer wrote down in their inspection report after servicing that one of my tyres were illegal tread depth. Thankfully I didnt believe them as my MOT test after that passed and a week later I had the car back to the same dealer for some other work and the new inspection report this time says my tyres were OK.

Now after half a year after servicing at a different dealer, my new report says my tyres are in tip top condition!

So the previous dealer tried to con me into getting new tyres!

So lesson learnt was sometimes get a 2nd opinion from a different dealer but for the prius always go to a toyota dealer. Independants will usually be clueless about the prius.

Servicing at dealers could be hit and miss.

In my experience a dealer wrote down in their inspection report after servicing that one of my tyres were illegal tread depth. Thankfully I didnt believe them as my MOT test after that passed and a week later I had the car back to the same dealer for some other work and the new inspection report this time says my tyres were OK.

Now after half a year after servicing at a different dealer, my new report says my tyres are in tip top condition!

So the previous dealer tried to con me into getting new tyres!

So lesson learnt was sometimes get a 2nd opinion from a different dealer but for the prius always go to a toyota dealer. Independants will usually be clueless about the prius.

On the plus side, tyres are a doddle to check.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links