Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One Cure For Rattle On Dash

TruBlu

If like me, you have experienced a very annoying rattle/buzzing sound coming from the plastic trims from the bridge console where they join the dashborard, try this for a cure (it worked for me)...

Remove the silver coloured plastic curved trims by gently prising up from the top (you should be able to use just your fingers if you have strong fingernails but be carefull not to damage the trim if using a bladed tool and try not to mark the dash). On the inside of the trim on the inboard edge you will see some recesses that locate to the plastic trim surrounding the radio etc. Inside these recesses place some 'BluTac, yes BluTac. Roll the BluTac to thin lengths and gently press in place. Also you will see a tag about half way down the trim that just touches the plastic radio surround - wrap a small amount of BluTac arround this. Now just replace the trim and see if the rattle/buzz sound has disappeared.

This is a very quick and easy cure and if it doesn't work just remove it - no harm done.

TruBlu

Sounds good mate!!

U have actually found a cure foR Auris cancer!! :P

I hate the rattles. Will deffo try it!!

ABZ-T2

It's certainly a better option than the black felt pads the dealers like to stick everywhere to try and stop the various trim rattling.

On my first Auris they didn't stop the rattles, and looked so unsightly I spent ages removing those that I could.

Auris, driven down a "cobbled road" to check for rattles as they leave the production line, I dare them to try it on a 6 - 12 month old example, or even my 2 year old 13k miles immaculate SR180, the designers would cry with despair!

It's certainly a better option than the black felt pads the dealers like to stick everywhere to try and stop the various trim rattling.

On my first Auris they didn't stop the rattles, and looked so unsightly I spent ages removing those that I could.

Auris, driven down a "cobbled road" to check for rattles as they leave the production line, I dare them to try it on a 6 - 12 month old example, or even my 2 year old 13k miles immaculate SR180, the designers would cry with despair!

A great tip, maybe the designers should have got it right first time thumbsup.gif

If like me, you have experienced a very annoying rattle/buzzing sound coming from the plastic trims from the bridge console where they join the dashborard, try this for a cure (it worked for me)...

Remove the silver coloured plastic curved trims by gently prising up from the top (you should be able to use just your fingers if you have strong fingernails but be carefull not to damage the trim if using a bladed tool and try not to mark the dash). On the inside of the trim on the inboard edge you will see some recesses that locate to the plastic trim surrounding the radio etc. Inside these recesses place some 'BluTac, yes BluTac. Roll the BluTac to thin lengths and gently press in place. Also you will see a tag about half way down the trim that just touches the plastic radio surround - wrap a small amount of BluTac arround this. Now just replace the trim and see if the rattle/buzz sound has disappeared.

This is a very quick and easy cure and if it doesn't work just remove it - no harm done.

TruBlu

Hello there,

I've taken our auris back to the dealer 3 times now in total to try and resolve various rattling, vibration noises etc. Felt strips, padding has been attached, and whilst there has been some small improvement problem still persists. Seems to me the problem area is around the front air vents?

As the rattling is intermittent it's difficult for the dealer to identify and get to the root of the problem. I'm at the stage where i'm simply too embarassed to take the car back again so might just wait until it's next service.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm gong over old ground here, this is my first post. I also wondered whether there's any definitive fix so I have something to go to the dealer with. Thinking my next step might be to contact head office although I'm not very hopeful.

I get a slight rattle from the grille on the top of the dashboard of my SR180. I'd liken it to what you would expect to hear if you placed a small pebble on a vibrating surface. It's not a creak like say two surfaces rubbing together) it is definitely more a vibration noise. It's only very, very slight, but of course, now I've noticed it, it is incredibly annoying! :censor:

Any ideas? Is the grille easily removed so I can take a look underneath? I think it's just a vent, not entirely sure!

Your annoying sounds is very similar to the sound I was getting - more like a buzzing which was intermittent depending on temperature probably.

Try doing what I described earlier. I'm not sure how different your dash may be to mine (TR3) but most of the trims just pull off....

If like me, you are experiencing a very annoying rattle/buzzing sound coming from the plastic trims from the bridge console where they join the dashborard, try this for a cure (it worked for me)...

Let me know how you get on.

TruBlu