Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Sender

toyotamotor

hi all i have a problem with my carina e the fuel guage is very lively and just recently has been giving me a false reading i dont know if it is conneceted bou also when i travveling along the car reacts almost as if a plug is down which sends the fuel reading towards the bottom when i boot the car it cures it could it be air in the system also when i unscrew the filler cap it sounds like i am deflating a tyre ? all suggestions welcome as this is puzzling me

It sounds like the tank is being pressurized. Check that the vent pipe from the tank is blocked.

I have read that these prolems might be caused by the carcoalcanister doesn't work properly. This canister is connected with the intake via a temperature switch on the cooling water system. You will find this valve if you read about the evaporative system in Haynes book. Check the temperature switch too. If it doesn't work it might not open for the fuelfumes to come to the inlet manifold. I don't remember where I have read this. It was on another toyota site. I hope this will help you.

hi there the reason why your petrol tank sounds like it is under presure is because it is.and check your voltage regulator

if that dont work you have to change the fuel sender i could go in to detail as i have haynes manule

hi there the reason why your petrol tank sounds like it is under presure is because it is.and check your voltage regulator

if that dont work you have to change the fuel sender i could go in to detail as i have haynes manule

hi i understand the tank is under pressure but it seems to be under too much pressure compared to other cars where is the voltage regulator situated please