Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Mpg?

DazBock

Hi Guys

I am looking for some advice. I am seriously considering buying a 1.8 T Sport Corolla 2003. I know they are nice and quick and have a great repuation but I am wondering what it is like to live with, specifically mpg.

So I am wondering if you drive it sensibly what sort of mpg do you get? I drive about 30 miles to work each day and want to know whether it will cost me a fortune or whether it can be sensible when it tries?

Thanks

I am going to look at a car on Saturday - if it is as good as it looks I think ill get it.

Darren

Hi Guys

I am looking for some advice. I am seriously considering buying a 1.8 T Sport Corolla 2003. I know they are nice and quick and have a great repuation but I am wondering what it is like to live with, specifically mpg.

So I am wondering if you drive it sensibly what sort of mpg do you get? I drive about 30 miles to work each day and want to know whether it will cost me a fortune or whether it can be sensible when it tries?

Thanks

I am going to look at a car on Saturday - if it is as good as it looks I think ill get it.

Darren

if I try hard I get 36-37 MPG ( mainly motorway, max 69MPH ) normally it's around 30-32. Worst was 22 MPG , driving in Germany average speed over 100 MPH :)

great mpg - you'll get over 40 with normal style driving, i've managed 50 with mods. 30-35 would be a good average although you can get it as low as 20 (boy racer light to light sort of fool). cheap to run tbh, thats why i've had one for nearly 4 years.

Hi Guys

Thanks

Darren

if I try hard I get 36-37 MPG ( mainly motorway, max 69MPH ) normally it's around 30-32. Worst was 22 MPG , driving in Germany average speed over 100 MPH :)

something is wrong with your car if thats all your getting.

Road tax here in the UK put me of buying one.

Over 40mpg seems a bit optimistic.... i can get that doing motorway driving but not as an average round town.

Usual average for me is 34mpg mixed driving

i dont do a lot of town driving at peak times- but ye, combined you should get 35+ although i get good mpg in town too but i save speed for other places ;) 40 combined on a standard car would be more difficult - but not unrealistic unless you sit in town traffic alot.

a decent intake improves mpg - a cold air intake. ported intake gave me the biggest mpg gain. generally in an n/a application anything that improves performance will improve mpg - its the same bag of bones, increasing efficiency.

today i done a 140 mile round trip to the brum area - all a roads. got 40mpg and had to use lift a fair few times to get past slower traffic. i only observe speed limits in reduced speed areas to give you an idea.

Hi Guys

Thanks

Darren

something is wrong with your car if thats all your getting.

maybe I'm not trying hard enough :D

I guess I could reach 40 driving like a nanny

^^ i think your trying - maybe just underestimating your speed :angel_not:

clean your maf if your mpg is a bit low and run on v power, its pays for itself. nanny driving - no just a car that runs well!

Considering the smile they put on your face for what they cost to run, its really a no brainer.

One of the best all round cars i have owned and i have had a few from a Metro to a Jag...

I really can't believe half these figures! I get 22mpg normal driving, 29mpg driving like an absolute grandad. I.e. NO lift, rarely over 4k, using the momentum of the car everywhere and avoiding stopping at all time.

Best I've got on motorway run was 36mpg, at about 65mph crying with boredom.

I really can't believe half these figures! I get 22mpg normal driving, 29mpg driving like an absolute grandad. I.e. NO lift, rarely over 4k, using the momentum of the car everywhere and avoiding stopping at all time.

Yeh i get something like that, lucky to get 300 miles out of a 50ish quid tank......

same here , 65 mph

I generally get around 30-32 day to day around town, have got 36 on a long run, but wasn't hanging around!

Guess I could get close to 40 on a run if I drove economically, but who wants to drive like that :)

Yeh i get something like that, lucky to get 300 miles out of a 50ish quid tank......

Wow where is petrol that cheap! Costs me £63 to fill up normally, 122.9 a litre down south :angry:. And yes, generally squeeze 280-300 out of a tank.

Wow where is petrol that cheap! Costs me £63 to fill up normally, 122.9 a litre down south :angry:. And yes, generally squeeze 280-300 out of a tank.

I have averaged between 23mpg - 42mpg depending on how you drive it, how far you drive it and on what roads you are driving the lower mileage is giving it a bit and the higher is on a run of about 300 miles averaging 60 - 65 mph.

Petrol wise it costs me about £50 - £55 pound to fill up from the light depending how far you go once it comes on.

sounds like a few peeps need to do some maintenance on their cars! i'm forgetting most of you's use ineffiecient hot air intakes - thats probably the difference. if i drove slow i wouldnt modify me motor, upgrade the sussy and brakes :yes:

sounds like a few peeps need to do some maintenance on their cars! i'm forgetting most of you's use ineffiecient hot air intakes - thats probably the difference. if i drove slow i wouldnt modify me motor, upgrade the sussy and brakes :yes:

This question has been asked before about fuel consumption and the average going by all the replies seems pretty consistent for a t sport.

My car is well maintained, not modded. And I am sure most on here are well maintained.

So you must know something us others don't to get that sort of mileage.

AE102: Incorrect statement with due respect. mine is a 2003 TS. As standard as they come. No Fancy air intake or exhausts. Summertime local mpg is 30mpg, winter was 26 as mostly used for school runs. Motorway mpg is 45. car has 105k on the mileage clock. Engine is quiet as a mouse. Difference is............I do the servicing myself & put extra into the quality of oil/consumables i am purchasing. use 5w30 mobil1 for engine & 75w90 gear oil, all fully synthetic & of the highest grade. use NGK spark plugs. These items do make the difference but I saw my MPG climb after i changed my coolant thermostat last year. Running the engine at optimum temperature definitely did make all the difference for me.

Cheers

Only serviced mine ~4 weeks ago with magnatec and shiny new Iridium plugs!

Will be changing to a typhoon/apexi soon see if it makes any difference. Though I doubt it, as I'll be booting it everywhere to hear it roar :yahoo:

Will be changing to a typhoon/apexi soon see if it makes any difference. Though I doubt it, as I'll be booting it everywhere to hear it roar yahoo.gif

You will notice a huge difference in av. mpg.... it will greatly reduce just like mine did after fitting the A'PEXi.... the noise is too addictive!! :lol:

You will notice a huge difference in av. mpg.... it will greatly reduce just like mine did after fitting the A'PEXi.... the noise is too addictive!! :lol:

:lol: as I expected really, I just can't bring myself to finally order one :unsure:. Shame theres no southern members really for a bit of DIY help.

Wow where is petrol that cheap! Costs me £63 to fill up normally, 122.9 a litre down south mad.gif. And yes, generally squeeze 280-300 out of a tank.

Yeh roughly the same price i pay if not a penny or so more, i dont let the tank run that dry, never let the light come on hence the 50 ishhhhhhhh quid.....

i have just done 220 miles in 2 days all on a-roads, the light was on yesterday and i put £25 in at 117.9 per litre normal unleaded, i just got home and checked.

i had done 220.9 miles to £25 petrol at average of 43mpg the best i have ever had