Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Toyota And Volcanic Ash

Steve

During this wonderful weather, we are all out washing the motor, or washing off the volcanic ash.

Just a quick tip, remember to wash the car with a hose before applying a sponge, the volcanic ash is very abbrasive to paintwork, therefore it should be thouroughly washed from the car before aplying a sponge.

Jetwash would be better, but jetwash brushes are also abbrasive so keep to a quality sponge ;)

After you have used a hose to get the dirt off, DON’T USE A SPONGE!!

A sponge will keep any remaining particles on the paint work and scratch the surface.

Use a micro fibre hand mitt or micro fibre sponge as they will lift the dirt away. Keep them swirl marks to a minimum :thumbsup:

Better still use Optimum No Rinse :thumbsup:

went to tescos, there was loads of those car wash blokes washing cars without washing the dust off.

just a bucket of dirty water and a manky sponge

some people are crazy

Me dad washed the CTS on sunday, full works icluding paint cleaner, detailer, polish and wax. A light shower soon had her coated in black/grey powder. :lol:

Fantastic.

When I went to wash my car on Sunday I was surprised to find a bag of frozen prawns, frozen peas amd mixed vegitables along with a bag of frozen chicken drumsticks.

Must have been the fall-out from Iceland - sorry I couldn't resist:)

When hand washing the car its better to use the two bucket method, have one bucket of nice soapy water and another with clean fresh water, after each application of soapy suds use the fresh water bucket to clean out your sponge/mit/microfibre cloth before useing the soap bucket again, when you have finnished you will see all sorts of grime at the bottom of your bucket of fresh water, useing just one bucket you would be rubbing this grime into your paintwork.