Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About To Order....

Doesn'tExist

Right, today I picked up a pearly white T-Spirit at 9.30 and dropped it back at 17.00...Nice long test drive...Steering felt a little odd in the beginning, like it really wants to centre all the time but very quickly got used to that. Brought it home and picked up my wife and 7yo....They weren't quite so certain about the car but it soon transpired that the big green tick of the current marketing campaign on the side didn't help, nor did the white paintwork....

When all in the car, I started it and that really impressed them (as it still does me) because of...well nothing happening. No noise, no shaking...The Murano is very quiet and good, as is my previous double glazed BMW 750 with V12, but this impressed more :-) Then driving off our drive way and out of our road and all on electric. They finally got interested. The side windows in the back are rather high up which my daughter complained about, but hey she could still see the cows and newborn lambs on our way to pickup her sister from nursery so it couldn't be that bad ;-)

We had the typical elderly sunday drivers in front of us, and my wife started getting really really interested when I switched on the power mode and overtook two cars on leighton buzzard road. And it impressed me as well as it did it so much faster than I thought it would, very impressive and fuel consumption was still only 25mpg (which is good in our book as that was the very very best a Murano would give)....Then around Hemel in electric mode it was impressive on all the hills and so nice and quiet.

The voice recognition even understood my Dutch accent....And then the ultimate test, my wife (used to a full size chelsea tractor as most of the other mums) showed it to her friends at the school gates. And they all genuinely loved it, couldn't believe the size (which was our reason for trying it) and one even said that it can't be a Prius as they are ugly and this looks good....So finally my wife was coming round to it...And then on the way home she drove....

The eco meter is great and prevented a marital row I have been avoiding for nearly 10 years...I explained that to get the best out of it means staying as much as possible to the left of the middle line (Is that correct?), although it is good to get up to cruising speed quickly and then back off and feather it....But around town no need to do that...Anyway she nearly always in every car pressed the accelerator half way and it really isn't necessary but try telling that...Anyway the eco meter helped as finally she stopped doing that :-)

At home still a little bit of doubt I noticed....I had to get to Costco which was my chance for a motorway test as well. Very impressive but oh so easy to break the speed limit, I really had to watch it. Very good, a little less stable than the cars we are used to but hey it is half the weight ;-)

Then in the Costco carpark I tried out the IPA. On my second attempt it worked and is actually impressive. I am good at parallel parking myself, but sticking it front or back first into a bay I am useless. Don't ask me why I just am. But this was easy and very good. I wouldn't order it as an option as a small little car like this doesn't really need it, but fun gadget regardless.

Overall really, truly impressed and ready to order one...So now for the difficult bit. The dealer was nice, got a good long test drive, they washed the Murano for me....But...

1. The sun roof with solar ventilation - means a 16 week lead time. Is that correct in anyone's experience? When speaking to my wife she is not bothered having one either way, and especially not with smaller wheels. Is it worth the money and waiting for, or should I just leave it?

2. Leather interior - We both actually really like the fake suede interior as standard as it slides less, and if no ventilation/sunroof cooler in the summer months. Would it be a mistake for resale not to have leather? Does the suede stain easily?

3. LED Pack - To me this is a must have option as we do live in the sticks and on the dark country lanes makes a big difference. But again a 16 week lead time is being quoted. The dealer said that they could upgrade with parts an existing system for the same price and we wouldn't know the difference. In their words he wanted to be honest about it. Personally I don't have a problem with that, but wonder should I be concerned or is it ok? Does anyone have the LED pack and is it good like normal HIDs(Xenons) or not worth bothering with.

4. DAB Radio - We quite fancy that upgrade, listen a lot to it at home. Does it work well, or anyone who has got it wished they didn't?

5. iPod connection - bit gutted it is extra but essential as all our music is on iTunes, 3 iPods, 1 iPhone and two Apple TV's ;-) Does it work and does it charge the iPod/iPhone?

6. The most difficult one is the colour - The black seems quite solid with little metallic is that correct? The dark grey my wife found too grey, the pearly white is nice in sun shine but dull without it...So I guess it will be a silver one for us....They offered me a discount on the red one in the show room, I'm not so sure...What do you think of colours?

7. Perhaps most important question, what kind of discounts should be achievable? I noticed orangewheels list about 6.8%. I also noticed Toyota has a campaign of £2k swappage, although our car is too young I could ask and wonder if that works in combination with dealer margin :-) Also I don't mind going down a PCP route to get the best deal, any info on deposit contributions, low fgv and low interest rates possible? A good combination of the above would work...They seemed keen and I probably go back on Thursday...

Sorry for the long post but appreciate any kind of feedback :-)

Right, today I picked up a pearly white T-Spirit at 9.30 and dropped it back at 17.00...Nice long test drive...

But...

1. The sun roof with solar ventilation - means a 16 week lead time. Is that correct in anyone's experience? When speaking to my wife she is not bothered having one either way, and especially not with smaller wheels. Is it worth the money and waiting for, or should I just leave it?

2. Leather interior - We both actually really like the fake suede interior as standard as it slides less, and if no ventilation/sunroof cooler in the summer months. Would it be a mistake for resale not to have leather? Does the suede stain easily?

3. LED Pack - To me this is a must have option as we do live in the sticks and on the dark country lanes makes a big difference. But again a 16 week lead time is being quoted. The dealer said that they could upgrade with parts an existing system for the same price and we wouldn't know the difference. In their words he wanted to be honest about it. Personally I don't have a problem with that, but wonder should I be concerned or is it ok? Does anyone have the LED pack and is it good like normal HIDs(Xenons) or not worth bothering with.

4. DAB Radio - We quite fancy that upgrade, listen a lot to it at home. Does it work well, or anyone who has got it wished they didn't?

5. iPod connection - bit gutted it is extra but essential as all our music is on iTunes, 3 iPods, 1 iPhone and two Apple TV's ;-) Does it work and does it charge the iPod/iPhone?

6. The most difficult one is the colour - The black seems quite solid with little metallic is that correct? The dark grey my wife found too grey, the pearly white is nice in sun shine but dull without it...So I guess it will be a silver one for us....They offered me a discount on the red one in the show room, I'm not so sure...What do you think of colours?

7. Perhaps most important question, what kind of discounts should be achievable? I noticed orangewheels list about 6.8%. I also noticed Toyota has a campaign of £2k swappage, although our car is too young I could ask and wonder if that works in combination with dealer margin :-) Also I don't mind going down a PCP route to get the best deal, any info on deposit contributions, low fgv and low interest rates possible? A good combination of the above would work...They seemed keen and I probably go back on Thursday...

Sorry for the long post but appreciate any kind of feedback :-)

Really good to hear you got a good long test drive, and plenty of opinions. Our local dealership literally does a "Round the block" type, and with the Prius being so different (and probably not to everyone's taste), good that you got plenty of chance.

On your points...

1) Totally down to your opinion. I didn't go for it, for the three reasons: a) didn't want smaller wheels, B) cost a lot, and c) didn't think it would be much use in this country, not enough sun. Your view may differ, that's just mine.

2) Decided against leather, because I thought the fake suade was much nicer, and the leather actually felt more like pleather. Expect it'll harm the resale a little, but at 1500 quid, that may even things up. 8000 miles in and no stains or marks so far.

3) Have LED pack and is good, however can't tell if the non-LED version is as good. Similar to xenons, be aware however side lights appear to still be bulbs (so mix of white and yellow light when viewed from the front). Don't forget LED also gives you auto-dim rearview (pointless, as doesn't work, due to rear spoiler), and coating on side windows, rainX style.

4) Didn't go for it as pricey, and guessed I'd use bluetooth or HDD recorded tunes much much more.

5) Don't know, didn't get it. bluetooth from iPhone works well, though control is a bit limited.

6) Would never buy white, and would err against black because they show up dirt too well. Red was too washed out for my liking, grey too grey, so that would leave silver and blue. I went for Blue, but beware as it has a much lighter interior (well, two tone actually).

7) Probably different now. Dealer said they couldn't discount the car as only out two weeks. Instead the fiddled the figures on the part-ex, finance etc. Not sure I'm much help there.

So, real sorry, not sure the above is much help, but thought I should at least try.

Hi just to let you know the black is a solid colour not metallic but it will show the dirt but looks good when clean

i am ordering mine sometime soon... i trying to find someone who got this LED pack... worth it or not ???

i am going for a t spirt with leather been quoted £23,036 dunno thats good ?... oh thats metallic pint.

Hi just to let you know the black is a solid colour not metallic but it will show the dirt but looks good when clean

It does show the dirt and scratches but does look great after a wash n polish. But it does show the dirt and dust badly.

It does show the dirt and scratches but does look great after a wash n polish. But it does show the dirt and dust badly.

I agree with Cabbie - My black Prius looks fantastic when polished but the dirt and *especially* the scratches are getting to be a real pain.

Around Gloucs, i've only seen 2 Blue cars and 1 silver.

I agree with Cabbie - My black Prius looks fantastic when polished but the dirt and *especially* the scratches are getting to be a real pain.

Around Gloucs, i've only seen 2 Blue cars and 1 silver.

Yes my car is black metallic and looks stunning when cleaning, and absolutely amazing when I've given it the whole treatment with dodo juice, my dual action polisher and nice waxes...it lasts for a good few months with just normal ph neutral washes but it is hard work....

The current car of my wife is a blue metallic, so although we really like the blue colour we do want something different.

The grey is rather dark and I think will have the same issues as black....and in our opinion this car doesn't look good in white. So for us it will be silver....

With regret, I think I might give up on the roof. I can't live with those smaller wheels both looks wise and what they do to the handling...And although I've found some very very lightweight 17" racing alloys, by the time I've added the low rolling resistance 17" tyres we are talking about quite a bit to add....Which is scary, but then again we do really like a normal sunroof and you can't get that without this option....

HID's is one of those things, once you are used to them you just don't want to go back to candle light ;-) Legally most of the side lights will be a different colour, our Murano is as well. it is just those Audi dlr's that are made of LED's that are matched...it doesn't bother me. If it does and the side lights are accessible then there is always option to change them. I think the science behind it is that yellow light gets more light on the road and especially in rainy and foggy conditions. Now legally when using your fogs you are not allowed to run your headlights as well, you should have just your side lights...And in those conditions the warmer colour works better...

iPod it has to be for us, recording to HDD is nice, but not easy to sync your music and three of our official CD's the gracenote database wouldn't even recognise....and I get nervous ;-) when my metadata is not showing....And we decided we'll go for DAB as well, there are a few stations we listen to that we can barely pick up on FM but are clear on DAB...

Thanks for the feedback on the cloth, I think we'll stick with that as we really liked it....So that just leave the sunroof and whether we are willing to wait 16 weeks....When is the plugin available ;-)

My 2 bobs worth. Lost of people have complained on this forum about the Toyota Ipod connection as it doesn't work properly,I just use the aux connection and velcro my ipod to the dash! Also the DAB radio is a very expensive option compared to buying a PURE highway (about 70 quid) which is also velcroed to my dash, right in front of the wheel, it works perfectly well in 95% of the places I go (all the hills round Aylesbury mess it up admitted)

My 2 bobs worth. Lost of people have complained on this forum about the Toyota Ipod connection as it doesn't work properly,I just use the aux connection and velcro my ipod to the dash! Also the DAB radio is a very expensive option compared to buying a PURE highway (about 70 quid) which is also velcroed to my dash, right in front of the wheel, it works perfectly well in 95% of the places I go (all the hills round Aylesbury mess it up admitted)

Sounds like you are in a similar area, we live on top of the chilterns :-)

I just hate wires in a car personally, I mean by same account a Navigon PND (or Tomtom if you must) does a better job of navigation as well...Fair enough if it works for you, but I think operating an iPod/iPhone whilst driving a car is more dangerous than making a phone call...And sound quality from an FM transmitter really doesn't do it for me, let alone driving into London or the midlands and you constantly have to change the channel....

But cheers on the feedback regarding the iPod...What I read is that it is ok when you use playlist which is exactly what we do....All meta-data is updated in iTunes, and once listened music is given a rating....All albums tracks get processed by at least two smart playlists in iTunes, one contains everything added in the last three months (give us a chance to listen and rate), and another one is all our 4/5 star rated music as the rest isn't really worth carrying around....Then genius makes a number of 'mixes' of those 4/5 star music based around mood etc...So if it does playlists well which I understand it does it is good enough for me :-)

Decisions, decisions....I went back this morning to order but crybaby.gif

Interesting news; no differences between 15" and 17" so a wheel upgrade is ok when wanting the roof...Problem is a whopping 18 week delivery time, and then I did my sums...To get light weight 17" wheels and tyres and the upgrade it is going to get a rather expensive option...

LED Pack - Built to order only according to Toyota UK systems so at least 18 weeks lead time....They can 'cheaply' put LED headlights on, but can't put the anti-blinding mirror, nor the dusk sensor and not the rain repellant glass on...If I just want the lights I can have one in 2 weeks, hmmm choices...

iPod you are all right ;-) it is rubbish, might have to go for a vaistech system aftermarket...

JBL Upgrade - £1499 ohmy.gif Damn I really need to sleep on that....I don't quite like the standard system, but is it worth that much to me...

I hate having to make choices and compromises....But then again I also don't like waiting 18 weeks....

Decisions, decisions....I went back this morning to order but crybaby.gif

Interesting news; no differences between 15" and 17" so a wheel upgrade is ok when wanting the roof...Problem is a whopping 18 week delivery time, and then I did my sums...To get light weight 17" wheels and tyres and the upgrade it is going to get a rather expensive option...

LED Pack - Built to order only according to Toyota UK systems so at least 18 weeks lead time....They can 'cheaply' put LED headlights on, but can't put the anti-blinding mirror, nor the dusk sensor and not the rain repellant glass on...If I just want the lights I can have one in 2 weeks, hmmm choices...

iPod you are all right ;-) it is rubbish, might have to go for a vaistech system aftermarket...

JBL Upgrade - £1499 ohmy.gif Damn I really need to sleep on that....I don't quite like the standard system, but is it worth that much to me...

I hate having to make choices and compromises....But then again I also don't like waiting 18 weeks....

I ordered my T Spirit in March and was told delivery 18 weeks...end of July...with Pearl white and Led package and rear sensors etc.........phone call from dealer today and car is expected on June 8th.......so go for it and hope you will not wait the 18 weeks being given........this will be my second Prius have the older version T Spirit........liked it so much went for the newer version and of course the bigger engine and fuel consumption etc..etc.....also Toyota have offered the 5 yrs warranty etc too:)

My wife and I just discussed...I think we are going for....

T-Spirit, Tyrol Silver, Style Pack, DAB Radio, JBL Upgrade and have the dealers upgrade the lights to LED standard...What swayed it for us is that the Murano is due a big, big service in 1500 miles which will be around £500, also some suspension bushes need changing and don't they'll last another 4 months which I had quoted at £600....Then extrapolating the fuel difference for the 4 month period is another £690 extra to keep running the Murano.

So in total we'd be looking at nearly £1790 extra running the Murano for that period. Which unique to our situation, so I guess it is worth some compromises...Now let's commence the games in negotiating a discount...

Did you manage to negotiate anything? I noticed Orangewheels are quoting about 7.8% so that is what I am aiming at as a minimum...

My wife and I just discussed...I think we are going for....

T-Spirit, Tyrol Silver, Style Pack, DAB Radio, JBL Upgrade and have the dealers upgrade the lights to LED standard...What swayed it for us is that the Murano is due a big, big service in 1500 miles which will be around £500, also some suspension bushes need changing and don't they'll last another 4 months which I had quoted at £600....Then extrapolating the fuel difference for the 4 month period is another £690 extra to keep running the Murano.

So in total we'd be looking at nearly £1790 extra running the Murano for that period. Which unique to our situation, so I guess it is worth some compromises...Now let's commence the games in negotiating a discount...

Did you manage to negotiate anything? I noticed Orangewheels are quoting about 7.8% so that is what I am aiming at as a minimum...

they took my old T Spirit in part x and gave me also a £1700 discount....thinkl it maybe near the target for sales:)

Cheers thumbsup.gif Sounds about ok!

Aargh why is buying a car so akward.

I was all ready and set to buy today. I thought I asked one more question; if you fit the led lights does that come complete with the heatsink and auto levelllers.

30 minutes later, sorry no we can't fit the led lights. It has to be a factory order. But what we can do is install a xenon upgrade kit for you. Me, isn't that illegal without the auto levellers. Dealer ehh? Besides I won't the real deal. Oh well if you order now you can have it in September.

Why oh why such a long wait? I didn't order and must admit I am annoyed by the false information provided. If I didn't ask the right questions I would have had to reject a car in a few weeks time.

I wonder whether other dealers have group stock.

Aargh why is buying a car so akward.

I was all ready and set to buy today. I thought I asked one more question; if you fit the led lights does that come complete with the heatsink and auto levelllers.

30 minutes later, sorry no we can't fit the led lights. It has to be a factory order. But what we can do is install a xenon upgrade kit for you. Me, isn't that illegal without the auto levellers. Dealer ehh? Besides I won't the real deal. Oh well if you order now you can have it in September.

Why oh why such a long wait? I didn't order and must admit I am annoyed by the false information provided. If I didn't ask the right questions I would have had to reject a car in a few weeks time.

I wonder whether other dealers have group stock.

with the led lights probably not......when I ordered they did a stock check for the car I wanted and was told..none in UK...LED only factory fitted...so ordered the LED and rear warning for reverse and the side protection strips(but think these will be dealer fitted).........as I said before the 18 weeks quoted has been cut by about 5 weeks so far:).........

HID's is one of those things, once you are used to them you just don't want to go back to candle light ;-)

Had Xenon's on a couple of BMW's...and yes they are good, but I won't kill myself just to have a car with Xenons / LED's.

Personally I think the "ordinary" lights on the Prius are more than up to the job. :thumbsup:

Again, I think 4x4's benefit from Xenons because the headlights are that much higher off the ground. Certainly found my old RAV benefitted from upgraded bulbs (not xenon's) compared to the stock Toyota bulbs it came with.

Anyway, good luck :thumbsup:

Did the deal today and placed the order....

Order a T-Spirit, Tyrol Silver with Style Pack, LED technology pack, iPod integration, DAB tuner add-on and JBL upgrade. Order is on the system and delivery date is currently mid-September....

Can't wait....

Did the deal today and placed the order....

Order a T-Spirit, Tyrol Silver with Style Pack, LED technology pack, iPod integration, DAB tuner add-on and JBL upgrade. Order is on the system and delivery date is currently mid-September....

Can't wait....

Nice one :thumbsup:

September will be here before you know it :yahoo:

(What will that be...a 60 reg? :unsure: )

Yes it will be a 60 plate, for now I have to put the private plate on retention as my wife wants the new Reg....Can't blame her honestly...I took us 2 years to decide as the Nissan Murano she has now 5 years is an absolutely outstanding vehicle....Nearly went for a Discover 4 HSE last week, but common sense prevailed....We tried nearly everything else on the market and for us it was between those two...Murano will be out at the same time with a diesel, but it is the horrible 4-cyl 2.5 which is rattly...Big mistake as they should make it hybrid as the RX450h is just stupidly expensive....

Anyway, really happy with our decision and can't wait to have it and glide silently through the country side and our small town...