Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chrome Strip On Tailgate

ChrisB666

When I bought my Auris I was quite happy with it, after paying the initial deposit and driving home in my old car an Auris passed with a chrome strip - I noticed it and thought it was an optional extra.

Since getting my car (Three weeks tomorrow!) I've only seen one other 2007 Auris TR that does not have the chrome strip on the boot. What is that all about? I rarely find a 2.0 D-4D so is that why?

I doubt anyone else would notice, but I notice it hence the question.

Do you have a 2007 Auris TR - does it have the strip?

Regards,

Chris.

My 2007 TR had one, and my Dad's 2009 TR has one as well..

I took mine off, and put on the rear SR180 bumper garnish.. I think the chrome strip looks like ****.

Not sure why yours doesn't have one though..

TR trim spec was changed couple of times by Toyota so check exactly what should be included at a time when you bought your Auris.

When I bought my Auris I was quite happy with it, after paying the initial deposit and driving home in my old car an Auris passed with a chrome strip - I noticed it and thought it was an optional extra.

Since getting my car (Three weeks tomorrow!) I've only seen one other 2007 Auris TR that does not have the chrome strip on the boot. What is that all about? I rarely find a 2.0 D-4D so is that why?

I doubt anyone else would notice, but I notice it hence the question.

Do you have a 2007 Auris TR - does it have the strip?

Regards,

Chris.

I Have 57 plate TR 2.0 D4D and that has a chrome strip and scuff plates on drivers and passenger door cills

The tailgate chrome strip and door cill scuff plates come as standard on the Auris TR , if you see an Auris TR without a tailgate chrome strip , then its more than likely been removed by the owner as its not to everyone's liking .

The March 2009 and June 2009 brochures I have show the rear door chrome trim in the one picture for the TR, but this isn't listed in the specifications at the rear of either brochure. Toyota changed the spec of the Auris in June 2009 and deleted the storage tray underneath the front passenger seat. Presume that at some stage in 2007, the chrome strip was deleted - which is why some 2007 models have the strip and some don't

I see.

How is the chrome strip fixed onto the car? I may push the dealership to order me one.

just stuck on with trim tape, they are a bit Marmite i think though. some people like them and some don't.

as said spec changed a few times. i had my SR180 about 4 months after my mate, his has passenger seat tray, auto lights and wipers and electro-chromatic rear view mirror and mine doesn't!! i wasn't happy.