Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Clutch

sarich

Hi all,

The clutch on my girlfriends Aygo has sadly given up the ghost after 20k miles. We have been quoted £410 to carry out the work but as we are getting married next month we are a bit stretched. I am thinking of changing the clutch myself and was wondering if anyone knows of a manual/guide for carrying out the work.

For info it is a 1.0vvti manual.

Thanks

Rich

Hi all,

The clutch on my girlfriends Aygo has sadly given up the ghost after 20k miles. We have been quoted £410 to carry out the work but as we are getting married next month we are a bit stretched. I am thinking of changing the clutch myself and was wondering if anyone knows of a manual/guide for carrying out the work.

For info it is a 1.0vvti manual.

Thanks

Rich

Hi

The clutch isn't hard to replace in itself, although getting to it and putting everthing back is what take all the time hence your massive quote for labour...

I have done this on my Corolla but it wouldn't be able to help you with specifics. It would only offer guidence and tips with how to put the gearbox back on and what to grease up etc. I can give you the thread link if you think it would be useful. It's such an old car now but I think some of it could apply to yours. :)

Maybe a small garage might be much cheaper? On my previous car I bought clutch and shopped around for cheapest garage, in the end saved quite a lot and job was well done.

You don't mention how old the car is - even if it is 4 years old I would be looking to Toyota to make a contribution towards cost. If I were in your position, I'd kick up a fuss and get something.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links