Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Debadged...

Mick G

I've noticed about 5 or 6 2010 reg Yarises around town recently and none of them have the trim / model Badge (T2, TR, etc) on the back. Are these a thing of the past now or are the Sheffield Toyota dealers just prising them off and flogging them on eBay?

How are you meant to have a nosey at what the new TR, or whatever, looks like if you can't tell what it is?

I've noticed about 5 or 6 2010 reg Yarises around town recently and none of them have the trim / model badge (T2, TR, etc) on the back. Are these a thing of the past now or are the Sheffield Toyota dealers just prising them off and flogging them on ebay?

How are you meant to have a nosey at what the new TR, or whatever, looks like if you can't tell what it is?

That's because they have discontinued all the various models and there's only the "TR" spec model available any more.

You can get still get a "base" T2 spec, but only in the 1.0 engine with manual gearbox. (a "low cost" option to allow them to show a low "starting price for the range"), which no one other than the meter reading companies will buy....

If you want any other engine or gearbox choice, you have only the TR spec available...

The latest 2010 spec pages say...

If its got black door handles its a T2.

If its got silver door handles its a TR.

"Simples" :-)

• 7 months later...

You are correct Dan. I bought a Venetian Silver Yaris rather than Decuma Grey, which I preferred, but only because I was told by the salesman and the brochure that the silver handles and not colour coded were standard. I thought they looked "cheap" on anything but a silver car on which they weren't as visually prominent.

I only found out on delivery that they'd reverted back to car colour handles. Much better. :yes:

I must say I prefer just having only "Toyota" and "Yaris" script along with the Badge on the tailgate. :thumbsup:

I bought a set of TR-D badges off the e,bay.

Going to fit them when it gets warmer.

Dont want anyone to think I have a T2 (lol)

R