Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris False Floor

goalkeeper

hi all i was a bit miffed to find out that the false floor on 2005/2009 model has been dropped all you have on the 2010 model is a silly carpet thing but all the brackets are still there i am thinking of fitting mine with the old type floor can anyone tell me is it any good on the old 2009 model and has anybody done the mod

lol - Toyota can't win, can they....

Both of ours lasted a couple of weeks and then got dumped in the back of the garage.

Our view was that they were a waste of space - literally.

Without them, you can get a decent supermarket shop in the boot but with them, you really struggle, because they make the boot much shallower and you ended up fighting with the parcel shelf all the time when you were trying to put bags in.

If you were shifting big loads all the time,with the back seats folded down and needed the "flat floor" then I thought it was a good idea, but the "ordinary" boot is too small with it fitted for our normal day to day use...

I asked in the dealers why they'd dropped it from the 2009 car and was told that it ws because most people just took them out....

(and I suppose it saved them some more money when they were trying to keep their build costs down...)

The false floor was discontinued when the face lifted New Yaris (Jan 2009) came out.

The false floor wastes so much space that as mentioned, most owners removed them. The revised boot is now deeper and longer and more practical.

The boot is redesigned and doesn’t have the two cubby holes either side of the boot that the false floor rested on, so the old type floor won’t fit on the new Yaris :thumbsup:

The false floor was discontinued when the face lifted New Yaris (Jan 2009) came out.

The false floor wastes so much space that as mentioned, most owners removed them. The revised boot is now deeper and longer and more practical.

The boot is redesigned and doesn’t have the two cubby holes either side of the boot that the false floor rested on, so the old type floor won’t fit on the new Yaris :thumbsup:

I suppose you could buy the two plastic cubby holes as well...

I suspect they haven't changed the bodyshell, so they could still be fastened in to the floor...

I suspect they haven't changed the bodyshell, so they could still be fastened in to the floor...

Bit of a ball ache though :(

• 7 months later...

In my 2008 TR, there seems to be a second set of slots for the false floor's locks to fasten into, if I remove the two plastic cubby holes I can just put the floor back in and have a boot 3-4 inches deeper.

The right cubby hole seems shaped to hold two of the jack tools, if you have dropped the boot floor deeper where do you put the tools so they don't get bounced about?

In my 2008 TR, there seems to be a second set of slots for the false floor's locks to fasten into, if I remove the two plastic cubby holes I can just put the floor back in and have a boot 3-4 inches deeper.

The right cubby hole seems shaped to hold two of the jack tools, if you have dropped the boot floor deeper where do you put the tools so they don't get bounced about?

I would imagine that there is a foam block inside the spare wheel that holds the tools, the same as other cars have.

There is no such foam block with mine, I think that with the slot in the cubby hole to hold the tool (it is a bent bar for use with the jack) an additional foam block would be redundant. Either that, or it's something the previous owner threw out.

Nope - the foam block was left out of the cars with a false floor - because the tools were stored elsewhere....

Yes, they would have been redundant. Do you retain the cubby holes on your 2008 cars?